Cardiff Hotel
$217
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$174
$261
$243
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspaddington stationnorfolk squaresingle roombaked beanshyde parkrooms are smallyogurtfull english breakfastlower floorplace to sleepbudget hotelplenty of hot watertea and coffee facilitiesexcellent locationpubs and restaurantsbus stopexcellent breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I, a single parent stayed at Hotel Cardiff in Norflok square paddington along with my two kids aged 12, 19 from 15th June till 18th june 14. The hotel is situated ideally a comfortable walking distance ie not more than 100 mtrs from the Paddington tube station. We were really happy with the location and was just perfect since all our travel was through tubes primarily . it really served our purpose of hopping on n off any time of the day or night.
Also the hotel overlooks a beautiful garden which gives it a very homely feel. initially at the time of check in I was given a back facing triple room which I was very disappointed to enter. I knew I wont be able to stay here for three nights if they would not change it. but to my expectation when I went downstairs to the reception and requested them for the change in the room for a front facing one they initially said we are full, but in five minutes only they called me in my room and asked if I was ok to check in after about 3 hours. I happily agreed.
Breakfast is included in the deal and is basic English breakfast in a nice cozy basement which is kept neat. No complaints. Staff is helpful too.
Another nice feature about the hotel is its surroundings.. Very nice market place just as soon as you come down from the hotel. nice old english pubs , KFC, Mcdonalds in case you have small kids, shwarma place, Costa coffee everything is literally 20 steps away !
Only ONE Down side : SIZE OF THE ROOM. its small but the size of Bathroom is TINYYYYY )) rediculously small.
But then given the other benefits I was really happy I found this one. If you are one of those luxurious travellers this one is not for you. but if you are ok with small size of room n bathroom and wanna look at the functional aspect of the hotel its a thumbs up !

Room Tip: Try getting the front facing rooms with garden view. you ll love them esp in the mornings.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Just 3 minutes walk from Paddington yet on a fairly quiet green square, low-cost by London standards although you'd get a bed in one of the best hotels in Cardiff for the same price! Free WiFi and English breakfast (fairly basic) are included - these alone will set you back another £30 elsewhere! Friendly service.

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose the room I had (12A) next time if I had a choice: it is in the basement, next to the breakfast room, and when you open the window cooking smells come in.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here in London utilizing their convenience to Paddington Station, the Tube and many fine places to eat, drink and entertain ourselves. The rooms were small but that's what you can expect in London. The price is right and having free wifi, breakfast and luggage storage made it a very good value.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are needed as this hotel does not have a lift; especially if you have a large suitcase.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teenagers) traveling to London for the first time for a wedding. The Cardiff was a perfect location for us to launch all of our sightseeing excursions. Being right near Paddington Station, we were able to take the Heathrow Express train round trip from the airport easily and cheaply. Also Paddington Station was convenient for getting anywhere we wanted to go. The room was a little tight but we expected that with 4 people and 3 beds, but it still was clean and had an open light feel to it due to the large picture window and light wood floors. The bathroom was pretty small as well but the water was hot. The staff was very friendly and helpful, getting us tickets to venues we were not able to get ahead of time. Breakfast was simple but fresh. If you want something fancier for breakfast there are plenty of restaurants a short walk away. The teenage kids, who seldom compliment anything, loved the hotel. We'd stay there again without hesitation. There is no a/c but they provide a small fan and with the window open and the fan on, the room was fairly comfortable.

Room Tip: Family rooms are downstairs. And the stairwell is pretty steep and narrow with quite a few steps. So if you have a lot of luggage be prepared to make several trips.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

A great value accommodation in very handy location. Clean, spacious and with a friendly staff. The only “but” is the absence of lifts. I haven’t tried the breakfast, but it looked alright. I highly recommend if you are a tourist.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business