“Excellent Hotel - not sure what bad reviews are about!”

Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club
Ranked #392 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Cork, Ireland
“Excellent Hotel - not sure what bad reviews are about!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I returned from a 3 night stay in the Copthorne yesterday evening. What a fantastic hotel. We were given our room on arrival in the hotel at 10.30am. We had a wheelchair adapted room, and it's one of the only hotels I've stayed in where the concierge took me and physically showed me where the fire escape lift was. I was impressed with that.

While at the Copthorne I wondered if some of the reviewers actually even stayed at the same hotel as me :-) The staff were outstanding from the Concierge to the Receptions staff, to the house keeping/bar/restaurant staff. Very friendly and obliging. Although I must say on the match day one member of staff was a little rude to my husband when he exited the lift on the ground floor. He was shooed away and told it was a private area. As one of the first team Chelsea players was down there. That's the only fault I could pick and even at that it wasn't too bad.

The breakfast is fantastic, best I've ever had at a hotel. Fantastic range of channels on the tv. Not something I'd normally prioritise in a hotel stay but was very good thought I'd comment on it. The location was excellent, particularly if you are going to a game. 200 metres to the Fulham Broadway Tube Station where there's a Sainsburys, Boots, Starbucks, Pret, Pizza Express, Cinema, Lloyds No 1 Bar, Nandos, Yo Sushi and Waga Mamma. The bathroom was well equipped and there was tea, coffee, hot chocolate on offer and each day a different selection of biscuits, w hich I thought was a nice touch.

All in all I would definitely give this hotel two big thumbs up. Especially in terms of location etc. It's close proximity to many bars and restaurants and other amenities, the staff and service. The tube is 200 m away and you can catch a bus on the road outside the hotel to central London.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
millcopchelsea, PA to the General Manager at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were hospitable and eager to help. We have recently upgraded our television systems and we are only too happy to hear that this too has made a positive impact on you. Many transport links are literally on our doorstep making it easy to get around in London. We thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night before flying off on honeymoon last December. Our room was a good size and clean but the bathroom was quite basic and bare. We were woken in the morning by a stretched Hummer and stretched Porsche (yes you did read that right!) revving their engines to impress some tourists who were taking photos! The bed wasn't that comfortable and the room was hot and stuffy. We paid a cheap rate and I would not even pay that again to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review. We were pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the amenities in your room but were disappointed to hear that you found the room “hot and stuffy”. We have adjustable air cooling in all of our rooms and it is unfortunate that you did not take advantage of this during your stay. We thank you once again for your comments as all feedback is appreciated.

Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked through lastminute.com so I got a great price. The Copthorne is the lesser of the two hotels in Chelsea Village, but the rooms are nice with decent flat screen TVs and plenty of space. There was a problem with the electrics in my first room so I had to move. Nothing major, just one of these things. I got a very good night's sleep and I'd say it was great value. Bit of a hike from central London, but I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We were pleased to hear that your stay with us was a comfortable one and that any issues that you had with the first room were resolved quickly and without any hassle. The hotel is a 5 minute walk away from Fulham Broadway tube station and has bus routes are literally on our doorstep which is perfect for getting around London. We thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hastings, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We got this as a top secret hotel on lastminute.com at a steal at £55 a night! considering we've stayed at 2 stars that were more expensive.
Room was lovely, and spacious! I could of done cartwheels in there, bed was masssssive definately a queen size, had a brilliant sleep, with the sound proofed windows, and air conditioning, as it was one of the hottest days of the year when we stayed.
Good facilities, nice bath, with shower overhead, toiletries etc.
We didn't have any food at the hotel as it is obviously expensive, but there's plenty of places nearby for food, we walked to wagamamas which was about a mile down the road.
Had great fun messing with the security guard who stays guard all night just outside our window, as he was doing lunges, we was whistling at him, he found it amusing :)
If you're a fan of Chelsea football club also, I guess this hotel would be to your liking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
millcopchelsea, PA to the General Manager at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you not only enjoyed the amount of space in your room but also the amenities. We are pleased that you took advantage of our location and ventured out to Fulham Broadway where many restaurants and bars are located. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a Hot Wire booking. We waited 30 minutes at one location on the property only to be told to go to the other location where we waited 45 minutes to check. The sheets stained and need to be replaced and the wait staff was more worried that you would dine and dash then service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I just returned from a 6 day stay in London. I booked this hotel through Hotwire, obviously not knowing which hotel I would get, but the price was amazing ($85/night) for a 4 star hotel in the Chelsea/Kensington Area of London.

Overall: Great Stay with a Friendly Staff, Nice Room, and the Best Location in London for the Price.

I would have never known of this hotel if it weren't for Hotwire, but in my opinion, it's kind of a hidden gem. I'm a young grad student, so I'm extremely easy and flexible. As long as a hotel is safe, clean, and has the bare essentials, I'm happy. However, when I stay at a nice hotel, I'm flexible, but I do expect good results for what I pay for.

This hotel did not disappoint at all! Great Stay.

Location: Best in London for the price. The closer you get to the center of London, the more expensive the hotel. But this hotel, especially with 4 stars, is the best-value and the best location. I had to commute to the center of London daily, and it was only about a 15 minute tube ride. Also, the hotel is right next to the tube station (about a 5 minute walk). The tube station is located within a small mall, and the mall has everything a traveler could need such as a grocery store, restaurants, Starbucks, and a few stores.

I arrived super early in the day, as my red-eye flight arrived around 8am. I arrived at the hotel at about 9:45 (only a 50 minute tube ride from Heathrow). The receptionist was EXTREMELY friendly and professional. So nice! I was not expecting my room to be ready at all, as check-in wasn't until 2pm. However, she was able to find me an available room! She had it cleaned immediately, and about 45 minutes later, I was able to take a relaxing shower (about 4 hours before I had planned!). She even offered me free coffee or tea while I was waiting for the room to be cleaned!

The room itself was really nice and especially spacious. I had a full-size bed, a couch, large bathroom, a TV, iron, kettle, and closet. I was shocked, especially for a hotel in the city, how big my room was. My advice to anyone: only use a service like Hotwire if you can be COMPLETELY flexible! I'm flexible, so it didn't matter if I had twin beds or a King. But this could matter to some people. Great amenities within the room.

The room was clean. The bedding was nice. Good-sized bed. Soft Carpet. Great view of the city and Chelsea. Cozy.

Literally right next to the Chelsea Football Stadium, so if you're a Chelsea fan, it's perfect. The Thames is not far away at all, so if you're a runner like me, it's close and a perfect place to run along.

A couple possible improvements (all very minor and no-big deal at all)-1) lobby is a bit drab and boring. Very nice and clean but just a little boring. 2) water pressure in the shower was a little weak 3) toilet was a little difficult to flush. 4) wish there was a fitness center (Hotwire said it would include a fitness facility). no big deal, but I wish it didn't say fitness center when there isn't one.

I'm not sure what a room goes for on their website at a regular rate, but I was more than impressed for the price I paid, especially in an expensive city like London.

Overall: Loved the staff, had a great room, perfect location, and especially cozy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris M
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We were delighted to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and that you were more than satisfied with the amenities in your room. We were particularly pleased that our staff were friendly, helpful and able to accommodate you. We are pleased that you took advantage of the hotels location to many transport links which are extremely close by. Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We checked in late on a Sunday night. We took a taxi from the airport and it was a long ride! We were greeted and someone offered to take our bags. We went to check in and they delivered or bags to our room.

Only draw back is that there is no free Internet in rooms unless you pay. We were on third floor and were able to get free Internet though. So that was nice. Internet was free in lobby.

The room was large and clean. We enjoyed our stay. I would recommend!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are extremely pleased that you had a comfortable stay and that our concierge were particularly helpful. We thank you once again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back soon.