“A few annoyances make for an average experience”

Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club
Ranked #412 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

A fairly good hotel that is right next to Chelsea FC with rooms that are well furnished and large for London. However, a few minor annoyances added up to make an average experience overall - water pressure in the shower is pathetic (and tried in evening as well as morning), it was like standing under a small watering can; needed to iron a shirt - there is a ironing board in room but no iron! (wasn't just me - colleague also didn't have one); and finally when I tracked down a staff member to ask for an iron they quite literally couldn't speak English. Overall not terrible but wouldn't return.

• Stayed: November 2012
millcopchelsea, PA to General Manager at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking a moment to post your comments. It is regrettable to hear your overall experience was affected by a number of minor inconveniences. In relation to your comments regarding the iron, these are available on request and I can only apologise for the confusion on this occasion. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Kind regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

What's a great stay .... Only 1 night in the Copthorne side but will return and upgrade to the millennium side next time .... Fancy the chance of going to the delta club lounge
Great breakfast,cosy Room and fab Bar team

I will return !!

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your very positive comments. I am extremely glad to hear you enjoyed all of the aspects of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Tired and unfriendly hotel, lacking in any atmosphere or decent facilities. Would be excellent if you were a Chelsea fan staying for a match. Unpleasant check in from sneering receptionist. Rooms were tired although in fairness reasonably large and with a comfortable bed.
Made the error in assuming there would be a gym, there isn't. Hard to believe in a large four star hotel but its true - there is no gym! Offered a 5% discount off a local gym pass which would have otherwise been £25. Can't say I'm overwhelmed with a £1.25 discount!
Check out was similarly poor, one receptionist slowly working through a queue of frustrated guests.
Overall a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Superstretch75
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good location, good value for money especially when booking on nights where there is no football game. Large rooms, 5 mins walk from Fulham Broadway tube station. I have also had my family stay here when they were in town, and my boss, and everyone was pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here at the end of August 2012. I can honestly say I wouldn't go back. We arrived and it took about 20 minutes for the chap at the desk to check us in. No idea what he was doing. Staring into space mainly. I booked a Superior Plus room but they tried to give my girlfriend and I a Standard room. I complained about this and after some tooing and froing we were checked into the room we had pre booked and paid for. I kind of expected a stocked mini bar but this was not the case which I felt a little let down by. The rooms were clean. That's all I can say about it really. The location is ok. Not far from the Tube station (5/10 minute walk) the bar inside the hotel isn't great. The barman always seemed to be busy wandering about the building doing nothing with the rest of the staff. Didn't eat in the Sports Bar. Did eat in the Marco restaurant one night which was quite good. All in all not the best. I wouldn't pay my own money to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing out from the front of the hotel on a high floor to get a decent aspect (can't...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It was a bit of a last minute decision to look for a hotel for one night in London so that I and my son could spend a couple of days in the great city. With a budget of under £100 I knew I might struggle and a quick check of the usual sites supported that notion but then a wee trip to last minute.com and an acceptance of a 'secret hotel' deal produced a twin room at the Copthorne in Chelsea for £75! So I guess I have to set my review in that context for I felt I had got a bargain! We stayed there on a Monday night (29th Oct). The hotel is just on the edge of London's attractions but you are within easy bus/tube distance of South Kensington / Hyde Park etc so its no big deal. It is easy to find because it adjoins Chelsea's football ground which is hard to miss! On arrival the reception staff were efficient and friendly. Our room was on the 6th floor in a corner of the hotel so we got a pretty spatial room by London standards. Admittedly our view consisted of a brick wall. The room and ensuite was clean and it had the facilities you need. We had a good nights sleep despite the mattresses being a bit too soft (and to be honest I think they were overworn rather than just soft). As breakfast wasn't included in our deal - and the cooked breakfast was £17 (obviously pitched at the business traveller) - we didnt use their restaurant facilities. All in all for £75 it was a great proposition. If you are going to pay the £140 per night standard rate you might be a little more critical but to be honest I would probably still have little to quibble about except perhaps for a newer or firmer mattress! Would have no hesitation using the hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian K
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as a special treat after a Chelsea game.

We booked a double room but instead were given a twin. We were told the best they could do was put the beds together for us, which was rather uncomfortable to sleep on
This took 8 hours and 3 complaints to achieve!

We were extremely dissapointed as we paid extra for a double room and the staff and manager were rude during the whole process and told us as we paid in advance we could not get a refund!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple