“Very central”

Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road
Ranked #526 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in august 2013,found it to be very clean and tidy,room very small but we were only there to sleep .very central to every where we were going .staff very helpful and pleasant.would definately stay here again if we were in London .i would ask for the rooms across the road as these have been refurbished ,good place to lay your head after a big day out sightseeing .

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 13, 2013

To be near Victoria Station is to be near everything. The hotel is OK, with clean and comfortable bedrooms. I stayed with my husband for 3 nights in the annex building, which was a bit noisy (over the railways) but when you are tired enough after walking all day long, you don't care, actually we could sleep very well. Coffee-making facilities are included, which is great! The breakfast is good (coffee, yogurt, toasts, pastries, juice, etc) The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. It's a great option for London, good price-quality relationship.

Room Tip: If you do not want to stay in the basement, please ask it when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I'd give this a 'Very Good; if it wasn't for the price. I paid £99 without breakfast for a single room. The room was adequate, comfortable, clean, had everything I needed including tea and coffee-making facilities, and staff were very helpful.
BUT. During the night my radiator started sounding like a bomber taking off. I turned it off but it took nearly an hour for the droning and vibration to subside. I expected concerned staff or other guests to start banging on my door with the booming racket, but no-one did. Also I could hear railway traffic going past outside, and the doors to all the rooms close with a mighty BANG every time they shut.
So if this was £50 a night I'd say OK. But not for twice as much.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I booked this hotel quite last minute and while it's very central I was surprised at the low price.

I stayed across the road from the main hotel, which I didn't mind too much, although I would have preferred not to have been given a ground floor room as a single female traveller. The room was clean and looked newly refurbished.

It's definitely very well located, which is the main problem - my room overlooked Victoria station. So from 5am (and regularly after that), the bathroom door, teacups etc rattled and woke me up.

If you need somewhere cheap and don't need a good night's sleep, I would highly recommend this. If you actually need to rest, I would stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank skibunny_1979
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Having read a few reviews about this hotel, I was a little dubious but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. The location was perfect for the Victoria Palace theatre where my wife and I were going to see Billy Elliott. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was in the basement. It was very clean and well equiped with the usual coffee making facilities, tv, hair dryer etc. The ensuite was large and clean and the shower was very powerful which we like. The noise level from the main street was obvious but not too bad. We decided against the continental breakfast and opted to go to the Victoria Mall where we had a very nice breakfast at Cafe Rouge. All in all, not a bad one night stay. Basic but acceptable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thardingha
Reviewed November 2, 2013

On a positive note, the location was perfect for our needs as it is just a block from the Victoria bus station and a few blocks for Victoria train station. We were originally given a room down in the basement in which we could hear everyone walking above us and way too much street noise. We asked for a room change after a sleepless first night and we were cheerfully given a room on the top floor which was adequate but required climbing the stairs for a floor as the elevator didn't go that high. Breakfast was an additional cost and we opted to forgo it and I was glad we did as it did not look worth the extra cost. We would definitely stay in the same area next time but would not choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement and top floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DRtraveler55
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is completely refurbished since we last stayed there. The staff on the reception are extremely friendly. The Family room in their section across the road was very quiet, spotless and warm. Ideally located for Victoria train station and Victoria bus station. - only about 3 minutes away. Continental breakfast excellent. We were able to leave out cases secure all day on the day of departure. We will be back next time in London and I have no hesitation in recommenting it.

Room Tip: Family room in their section across the road is perfect. Very quiet and just inside the door on the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family