“Great location and comfort!”

Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments
Ranked #63 of 923 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed for four nights from 31 Dec to 04 Jan and had a great experience. The location is in a nice area, just a few minutes walk from Bayswater underground. There's a Sainsbury's grocery store just next to the station, otherwise there are plenty of other shops, restaurants, and a few other grocers in the area, and Whiteley's shopping centre. The cleanliness of the place was great, we had just enough dishes for the two of us, and the washroom was very nice. The upgrades and renovations they did were definitely obvious, and you could get a free fruit basket if you provided reception with a copy of the confirmation email of having written a review (I only ever write mine after fully completing my stay, so I didn't take advantage of this offer). They also include your first load free to wash in their laundry service. I would absolutely stay there again and recommend it to anyone else looking for a serviced apartment to stay in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank L-StarInc

Reviewed January 5, 2013

These serviced apartments is a very comfortable place for a family stay with children. We stayed there 2 adults and 2 children (8 and 2 years old) and we had a spacious and nice room with enough sleeping place for all of us. The best things are free Wi-Fi and kitchen with microwave, stove, toaster and electric kettle and all the required cutlery and utensils. My only suggestions: please keep a rack to dry washed utensils and it would be really nice if adequate amount salt could be kept as there were only some sachets of salt in the tea/coffee maker basket but these were never refilled during our stay (I mean salt because tea bags and sugar sachets were refilled). Since kitchen is there and it assumes some cooking, it is very difficult to manage without salt. However, the reception was very helpful - they happily gave me more salt sachets when I requested them. So this is not a complaint but a suggestion.
The other best thing about this hotel is its location. We spent 1 week prior to shifting to this hotel at some hotel near Heathrow airport and it used to take us 1.5 hours to reach the center! 40 minutes by bus and then 40 minutes by tube! SO when we shifted to Grand Plaza apartments which are located at Bayswater, we were really relieved. The location is truly amazing! It is walking distance from Hyde Park, Notting Hill and Portobello market, 2 tube stations - Bayswater and Queensway - very nearby. Russian food shop "Kalinka" (important for me:)) Amazing street full of shops, restaurants and cafe to suit any taste - Indian, Persian, Chinese, Italian, French etc. Lots of supermarkets to buy grocery (M&S foods, Tesco Express etc), Whiteley shopping mall just 5 minutes walk away. South Kensington with its museums is just few tube stations away. The best location you would want on your London trip!
And yes, laundry service is a big help especially when you are on a long trip (ours was 18 days long) and with kids.
I am difinetely ging to recommend this hotel to my friends if they decide to visit London.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ksyu78
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We (2adults/7 & 8yr old children) enjoyed our stay. Great central safe location for 4 days and very affordable. Easy stroll to Hyde Park, red bus, tube & shops inc. Marks & spencer. Fast free wifi:) Well equip Kitchen allowed us to eat breakfast in. Reception staff were friendly&happy to store luggage, provide power plug & arrange private transport to airport (recommend:Gabriel taxis, Gabriel-taxis@hotmail.com) we travelled in comfort & he was cheaper than the fast train that we caught from Heathrow-hotel. in-house washing service was wonderful and inexpensive (first load was free). Very clean, modern & comfortable. Only issue was when we unpacked our mountain of clothes in the drawers & had them half pulled open, the entire chest of drawers fell forward. This was quickly rectified by a maintenance man however I felt that if the drawers were light weight, then they should be screwed to the wall to prevent injury. We requested a quite room & we tucked around near the restaurant which was very quite & peaceful

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Renee H
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Furnishings are functional and old but in working order. Period.
Excellent housekeeping - they always seem to get the rooms done no matter how short a time we leave the rooms,
Concierge / reception - service was austere
We had an early start on our way out, and as we were given a room tucked way way back amongst the labyrinth of corridors and had quite a few pieces of luggage, so we asked if they could send someone up... answer was a definite No-No as he was the only person manning the desk. We ended up doing a relay to get the bags down!! (Pant. Pant)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great hotel, very conveniant location close to shopping, restaurants and tube. Rooms were a great size and the customer service was excellent. With a short stroll to Hyde Park, it was all about the location for us. We stayed in Room 226, a double executive studio apartment and were really happy with it. Very modern refurbs too! Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wonderful hotel in a perfect location. Our studio room was as delightful as the picture suggested! The kitchen is compact but has all the necessary cooking utensils. Has been recently refurbished and you can tell! Very clean, it's unfortunate that we stayed only for one night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was worried about this hotel as I read a mixture of reviews. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teenaged boys. Stayed at Room 308, a quad studio apartment.

Location: right smack in Bayswater, just behind Whiteley's departmental store. 2 minutes away from Bayswater and Queensway underground tube stations. Bus routes into Oxford Street and other major parts of London just seconds away from the hotel entrance. Lots of reasonably-priced restaurants, supermarkets, souvenir shops just around the corner.

Rooms: we requested for a room on a higher floor based on past reviews on Tripadvisor. Our room 308 was facing one of the more quiter side streets. Actually Prince's Square is pretty quiet anyway so you wont have any problems. Our "Quad Studio Apartment" had a kitchenette, a bathroom, king-sized bed and a sofa bed. It was very clean, bright, cosy and warm. After a long journey that took almost 18 hours, we were extremely relieved to be able to make our own cuppa tea.
Kitchen equiped with the basics: kettle, toaster, fridge etc
There is an electric stove for you to cook light meals but hey., I'm on holiday so I ain't gonna cook!
Bed and sofa-bed so comfortable.
Bathroom and shower good although I would have preferred a proper walk-in shower rather than a bath tub(rain shower would be nice too)

Hotel Staff: very very helpful, friendly and courteous. As we arrived in the morning before our room was ready, we left our luggage at the hotel and had breakfast nearby. A special thanks to Mr Andre and his team on duty. I cannot recall their names but they were all highly professional and from what I observed, handled all hotel guests' inquiries as quickly as they could during the busy Xmas period. They also assisted us with our football tickets to Manchester. Always ready to serve us with a smile.

Housekeeping: fresh towels everyday. What more can I say?

Extras: there is a Laundry Room in the basement. Love this! You just need to send your laundry downstairs and each load is about GBP5(or less). You collct at the end of the day and pay upon check-out. What I loved most was the complimentary laundry service for your first load.
Breakfast: there is a breakfast room but we did not try it.
Free Wifi: this is almost unheard of in most hotels I've stayed at in various parts of the UK(and even the world) so this was fantastic. This made my holiday easier as my husband and I could conduct our businesses even though whilst abroad.

Overall my family and I loved every minute of our stay at Grand Plaza. Excellent choice for Zone 1 location, self catering holiday apartment right in Bayswater.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a higher floor