When I heard that I was going to be working in London for 4 days, I was dreading the search for a good hotel. I was looking for something central, very good quality (on the verge of boutique), a serviced apartment so that I would have the freedom to eat in and an absolute must...free wi-fi!!
I came across this hotel of serviced apartments and I sat on the train in trepidation and mild curiosity. Would it live up to my expectations (I travel a lot with work and stay in many hotels...after a while, even the smallest things become irritating). I am glad to say, it did!
The room is very nicely decorated and the furniture looks and feels top quality. There's an ample supply of plug sockets, a safe, an ironing board and iron (which are not always in rooms as standard these days), and then down some steps to the lower level of my apartment...where I could find the shower room (again, very modern with a free standing circular sink) and then the kitchenette. I stayed in a relatively small apartment. The kitchen didn't have an oven but it did have a microwave, a sink, 2 electric hobs, a fridge, plates, cutlery, tin opener and a cork screw!
All that aside though, it was really the wi-fi that I was interested in. I was astounded to find a router in my room (a dream!). The signal was perfect, fast and strong! The room also has a 19" TV and a DVD player with free-view.
I wish I had booked a larger room if only to really live the high life in London. However, the hotel was so popular that this was one of the few rooms left. That aside, it is an amazing room. Should I come to London again, this will be the only place I'll consider staying.
Less than a 5 minute walk from Bayswater tube station, about 15 minutes from Kings Cross on the tube, a Tesco Express at the end of the street, a 24 hr Boots and restaurants everywhere, what more could anyone want!?
Come and stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Plaza apartments give you the independence and catering flexibility of your own home together with the comfort and service of a 4* hotel. Think of us as your home, but with cleaning, catering, porters and reception staff thrown in. Serviced apartments are the new direction for the hotel industry. They provide a ready made home rather than a ready made room. Each apartment has its own fully equipped kitchen. You choose whether to enjoy your own home cooking or try the Grand Plaza Breakfast or visit one of the myriad of restaurants within walking distance of the Hotel (or heat up a takeaway!) Grand Plaza is the largest Hotel/Apartment complex in Bayswater. We won the 2009 award for best serviced apartments in London as a result of votes from the readers of Business Destinations Magazine. We accommodate more people each day (tourist, leisure, romantic and business) than any other Serviced Apartment Hotel in the area.We are located in the centre of the West End overlooking the precise type of garden square which Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts climbed into in the Golden Globe nominated film, Notting Hill! We look forward to providing you with a home in central London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelsClick, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments Hotel London
- Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments London, England