We booked the apartment through a travel agent. That was our first mistake. Clearly this means you get given the worst room even though you have paid a rather large premium. We were first shown to a basement apartment which given that we paid AUD400 per night, did not sit well. However, staff quickly moved us when I complained. The lift being out of order was not such a huge deal for us as we were given a room on the first floor. The staff took our bags up and down the stairs so that was no big deal for us. Also, by not booking through the hotel, we also missed out on breakfast being included. Again no big deal as with Marks and Spencer being close by meant that we could buy food cheaply and have breakfast in our apartment for 3 days for less than the cost of one breakfast at the hotel. Just one thing, i will not be claiming the fruit basket offered by the hotel for a review as it would negate my assurance to Trip Advisor that I have received an inducement to do so. I wonder if the other reviewers did?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Plaza apartments give you the independence and catering flexibility of your own home together with the comfort and service of a 4* hotel. Think of us as your home, but with cleaning, catering, porters and reception staff thrown in. Serviced apartments are the new direction for the hotel industry. They provide a ready made home rather than a ready made room. Each apartment has its own fully equipped kitchen. You choose whether to enjoy your own home cooking or try the Grand Plaza Breakfast or visit one of the myriad of restaurants within walking distance of the Hotel (or heat up a takeaway!) Grand Plaza is the largest Hotel/Apartment complex in Bayswater. We won the 2009 award for best serviced apartments in London as a result of votes from the readers of Business Destinations Magazine. We accommodate more people each day (tourist, leisure, romantic and business) than any other Serviced Apartment Hotel in the area.We are located in the centre of the West End overlooking the precise type of garden square which Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts climbed into in the Golden Globe nominated film, Notting Hill! We look forward to providing you with a home in central London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments Hotel London
- Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments London, England