Chamberlain Hotel
$288
$279
Hotwire.com
1,747 results
All reviewstower bridgealdgate tube stationfullers pubroof terracenice pubbusiness districtfresh milkcomfortable bednespresso machinegreat roomexcellent hotelfull englishcooked breakfasteasy accesswould definitely stay here againbreakfast was excellentmin walk
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We visit quite often and take advantage of the excellent weekend B+B rates. The staff are always friendly,particularly at breakfast and the rooms SO clean. Great location for Aldgate or Tower Hill tube too.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Liz M, General Manager at Chamberlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, it's so good to hear that you've continually enjoyed staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and usually i love which is why i always used it. This time i was shocked to see how the demise of this once great hotel has occurred in the last 6 months.

My first gripe was that the receptionist on duty was one of the rudest most argumentative people i have ever dealt with. I asked him about the parking outside and he replied "Read the signs, Its not my responsibility to advise on parking" I almost walked out there and then, but as i had paid in full prior to arriving i just bit my tongue, he continued to press his point to the point i felt he was badgering and trying to beat me down. to prove his point. ( He was a small grey haired man ) i arrived at 15:15 is on 25th Jan 2014 in case the manager wishes to question him.
Secondly the room i was given was 403 and it was a disgrace the mattress was so broken and springs hurting my back that i placed all the blankets and duvets on the floor as a mattress and put the heating on full so that i could sleep for 4 hours. the bathroom was tiny, i don't know what type of room i was given but it certainly was not the same as i am used to staying in at this hotel,
lastly my usual breakfast of eggs Benedict that i relish and look forward to having every time i stay was terrible it was as if cooked by a completely different chef, the sauce even had a skin on it like it had been standing for hours.
I used to stay at the chamberlain at least 4 times a year along with friends while i frequent a local nightclub sometimes booking in my partners name. but after this episode i will definitely be giving other local hotels a try. After all, I can get treated badly at another hotel for half the price of this one.

Room Tip: My top tip would be look elsewhere, this hotel has really gone downhill
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alex M
Liz M, General Manager at Chamberlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your last stay with us at the Chamberlain. I'm sorry that on this occasion we failed to deliver our usual standard and for that we apologise unreservedly.

We have a Manager on Duty 24 hours a day who will endeavour to rectify any issues that are reported in order to ensure the satisfaction of our guests. If you would like to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We needed a place to stay while in London for one night while on business. This turned out to be a good choice. The room was quite nice and quite spacious by London standards. The front desk put us in a standard room at first but once we realized it they quickly resolved the situation (and were very pleasant about it). The hotel is quite nice and the staff was good as well. It is about 3 blocks up the road from the Tower of London and the same from the Tower Hill subway stop.
We would recommend this hotel and stay here again when in London.

Room Tip: The hotel is above some busy subway lines so the higher up you stay the less subway noise you will hear.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Liz M, General Manager at Chamberlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments, I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the reception team helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Two night stay and excellent value for money.
Room and bed very comfortable.
Bathroom very well appointed with the best hot water pressure I have ever known!
Did not use the restaurant.
Would happily stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Liz M, General Manager at Chamberlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your view of your stay with us at the Chamberlain, it's always a pleasure to hear that someone has enjoyed their time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here 1 night and that was enough I did have further nights booked but cant take a risk - the rooms were spacious - TV and services ok - albeit too complex and took you took many clicks just to watch the news - Wifi was poor and didnt exist in my room (307) the room also smelled of smoke - it was clean and tidy - the bar and staff were ok but the bar is expensive for a Fullers pub.
I stay in the city a lot and this hotel just came up so thought lets give it a shot - schoolboy error - the shower did not work it was a dribble of water - this is dreadful we are in 2014 and no hot water - I complained as I left and all they said was we will look at it - no good enough - its no good looking at it after I have left - wont be staying again - wont be recommending and will be complaining - very poor show in a very competitive market - reception need some training as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank stockyhouse
Liz M, General Manager at Chamberlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your stay at the Chamberlain and your constructive criticism.

We do have a manager on duty 24 hours a day and they will endeavour to resolve any issues that are reported.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the malfunction with your shower and if you would like to contact me directly on chamberlain.manager@fullers.co.uk I will be happy to discuss matters further with you.
Kindest Regards