“Fantastic!!”
Review of Space Apart Hotel

Space Apart Hotel
Ranked #489 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great quiet location, all the facilities we required, clean, very friendly staff, really did make our stay in London a great experience. Already planning to go back- 10 out of 10, thanks guys!!recommending this to all my friends

Room Tip: Basement flat was great, restful nights sleep
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mandy K

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was my second visit to this hotel which consists of serviced apartments offering a high standard of modern accommodation. My first stay at the property was back in 2008 shortly after the property opened when the hotel was brand spanking new. I was extremely impressed back in 2008. I still had a good stay this trip (I stayed in June 2013) however I have noticed some wear and tear on the property and there are signs that it is not being as well maintained as it could be.

I stayed there with my mother and sister in two different rooms and one of the blinds was broken in my mother’s room and in addition the kettle was in really bad condition and needed replacing. When my mother called reception the guy was well aware that the blinds needed fixing. If he knew it was broken why didn’t he do something about it before the next guest checked in? They replaced the kettle immediately which was great. Also one thing the rooms lack is a full size mirror on the back of the wardrobe door. Women need this so please Space Apart Hotel install a full size mirror behind the wardrobe doors in your rooms.

Aside from these gripes, I liked the hotel very much, the rooms have everything you need and are very modern. The bed was comfortable and I consistently had a good night’s sleep. I booked a standard room which is best for one person. If 2 people will be sharing a room I would book a premium room (which my mother and sister had).

The location of the hotel is excellent close to Bayswater station and Queensway station with a Marks and Spencer and Tescos in walking distance and lots of great eateries around. They just need to pay a bit more attention to maintenance of the rooms.

Staff were very helpful and nice too. I would recommend the Space Apart Hotel to others and would stay at the property again without hesitation if I ever visit London again.

Make sure you stop for a slice of cake at one of the numerous Caffe Concerto café/restaurants in London – the strawberry shortcake is delicious, make sure you visit the huge Westfield Shopping Centre at White City and don’t miss the Kings Road Chelsea on a Saturday lunchtime, a lovely shopping street with a beautiful fresh food market on a Saturday at Duke of York Square. Also the Pizza Huts are great in London for some reason and have a wonderful salad buffet which is fresh and beautiful. I would try the branch at Kensington. And for the best ice cream in London visit Oddono's - South Kensington, Selfridge’s food hall, Whiteleys etc. Convent Garden is also one of my favourite areas of London. Another must is doing a Jack the Ripper walking tour. It was fascinating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank OzTraveller20
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed at SpaceApart with my daughter who was 5 months old for 5 nights and 6 days. It was our first international trip together (from Australia to the UK for a family funeral) and our first trip overseas without my husband.
Staff: the staff could not have been more helpful or nicer, particularly the night manager who showed us around our room and checked us out. I asked for a non basement room and was given one which had a lovely view over the London roof tops and the natural light was great for my daughter who was getting over her jet lag (she was back to sleeping through for 12 hours by the fourth night thankfully). Booking the hotel and asking questions in advance of our stay was very easy too. Philip who I emailed was very helpful and responded very quickly. There were a few steps at the front of the hotel which I wasn't expecting with a pram but the hotel staff helped me carry my pram up and down each day and there was a lift to give me access to our room on the 3rd floor. One of the staff even helped me to clean the wheels of my pram after I had been for a run in the park one morning when it was raining. I forgot to book a late checkout so I could make up the bottles for the flight for my daughter and the hotel went to a lot of effort to arrange this for me, although they were very busy and even let me keep the same room.
Room: we booked a standard studio, the smallest room. There wasn't a lot of space (nor were we expecting too much as we had booked the smallest room) but we managed to fit in our travel cot, a pram and all our luggage (and toys!). The layout of the room is very clever and there is so much in such a small space, including dishwasher, hobs, microwave, iron, washer / dryer, hair dryer, safe etc. we used all but the hobs, microwave and dishwasher regularly (as we mainly ate out) and all functioned perfectly. The only point of note was that the shower was not great and the water shot off in all directions. It was possible to have a shower, just not the most relaxing one but it did come with shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, towels etc. The furnishings were all modern and in great condition. The apartments are only serviced once a week but this was fine as we had a washing machine and I preferred not to have the intrusion (with a jet lagged baby). We could leave our rubbish outside the door and it was magically collected very quickly! The walls of the rooms are a little thin and I was worried that my daughters crying might annoy some guests and that we might be made to feel a little unwelcome but it couldn't have been the opposite, which I was very grateful for.
Location: the location is fantastic! So many little supermarkets, coffee shops, whiteleys, Westbourne road, portobello road and of course the parks which give you access to some of the best and most famous sights in London if you like walking or running.
Transport connections are amazing with the circle / district and central lines nearby and paddington (which the heathrow express arrives into) within a km or so.
We had a great experience here and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jazz J
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great location with many restaurants around, buses which directly go to Oxford street
The neighborhood is nice
The hotel is clean even if some things in the room are broken (curtains, doors for example). A refresh of the rooms would be appreciate
We asked for a room without stairs as we have a young child. We were disappointed because this was not respected.
We had a nice room with enough space for the price. The only thing was that in the mezzanine, there was a lot of light even with the curtains which are not efficient (sunny at 5 in the morning).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rendish
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I usually dread hotels in london. No matter what you pay or what the ohto shows you get some small hovel. Not here.
what a wonderful place. Great staff. Front desk guys were amazing, helpful, polite and very knowledgeable. The dvd selection and tour guides in the lobby are really nice for nights you gotta get to bed early.

location is amazing. Stores bars and fun things to do within a couple minutes walk. Seriously, 2 minutes.

I believ their names were phillip and mark but regardless their names- thank you gentlemen!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank top d
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Overall score, 3.5. We chose the Space Apart hotel because we needed a spacious room for 3 people at a good price. We found that in this centrally located hotel. The staff was nice, the room was clean and well appointed with mod cons. BUT, there was a lot of street noise - from construction during the day (jack hammering at 7 am) to loud neighbors at night. The windows weren't adequate to keep out the noise. The other drawback is that this is labelled as serviced apartments but they are not serviced during your stay. So - it was a bit misleading and we didn't want to spend our vacation laundering towels etc. Overall we had a nice stay and I would recommend the hotel, but I would caution about the noise and lack of servicing of the room while you are there.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank DCgirl6
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Basement-room was clean, modern and wi-fi work great. The room was spacious. Reception is great and helpful. They show our room to us and how everything working. Kitchen was not big but right size for two. Location is really good, near tube (2 x station, Bayswater/Queensway) and bus. Many shops and restaurant is 1-4 minute walking area.

It felt like we were in the hotel's best guests, we were treated so well. It's sure that we are coming back to this hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends