Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
7,567 results
All reviews tate britain millbank lounge pimlico tube big ben the executive lounge double tree warm cookies minute walk london eye victoria line quiet location thames river building work modern hotel internet access bus stop full english
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had previously had a good stay here for New Year 2016 so very happy to return but a bit disappointed with the room this time. On the plus side, our check in was fast and friendly. The bed was very large and quite comfortable. But the room was very much in need of a makeover, particularly the bathroom where there was thick lime scale around the toilet handle, missing sealant round the sink and tiles, and some cracked tiles which just made it all look a bit run down. It also felt very cold even with the heating on the warmest setting. Have stayed in much nicer rooms in other Hilton Doubletrees.

Room tip: Nice views from higher floors
Date of stay: January 2020
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear YJ A

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your most recent visit.

I am sorry that it was not as enjoyable as your previous visits. On a positive note we are undergoing a major refurbishment that will tackle the issues you pointed out in review.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again so you can give us your feedback on the improvements.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here just for one evening with my Husband over a weekend.

The hotel is very nice, rooms were basic but ok for what we needed, the location was good.

I didn't think the breakfast was great when compared with other Hilton's that we have stayed in.

We would stay again though just for a night.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I just finished our stay at the doubletree in Westminster from January 9th-15th. This hotel overall was fantastic and all that we could have hoped for. It is in a great location close to the London Eye, Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament and not too far from Buckingham Palace. I felt perfectly safe walking the streets at all hours after dark (I am 6’5” and go about 250lbs so I usually feel pretty safe everywhere in all honesty) and I saw many women walking by themselves in the evening. This area of London is mostly government and business from what I understand. There are a few decent dining options that are walkable including a restaurant operated out of the hotel although it didn’t seem very busy and we did not eat there. One surprise was the Pizza express located just behind the hotel on the Thames River. The concierge recommended it to us and I was completely caught off guard. It is a fairly nice sit down restaurant where you could have a nice meal and it was extremely close. The room was a bit small but more than enough for 2 people. It would be challenging for a 3rd person if that’s even allowed. Shower was hot, and everything was was very clean. Beds are great for me (I like a mattress that is slightly firm). The hotel can offer some pretty good views if your willing to pay to upgrade a bit (which isn’t important to us but it might be for you). Cabs are almost always available outside and short rides are usually pretty close to what your going to pay with UBER. That being said Uber is very reliable and this hotel you seem to be able to get a ride in less than 5 minutes at all hours (including 4am when my wife and I went to the train station for a day trip to Paris). The staff couldn’t be more accommodating. Especially for us, who had never been to London and had questions about where to eat, what is close etc. The hotel is being renovated it seems but we didn’t notice it at all. They seem to keep the work being done between 9am and 5pm (which is when you should be out visiting the city anyway). Overall great experience.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Used to stay here regulary! Hotel is in a nice quiet location not far from tube stations! Hotel is nice but the room is looking a bit old with some plastic covering the worktops which was a bit disappointing!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear robhud32

Thank you for leaving your review after your most recent stay with us.

We are undertaking a refurbishment so hopefully on your next visit you will notice the improvements to the rooms.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Great location near to the Thames and sights, very helpful and friendly staff, good food from the restaurant, myself and the family were looked after very well. Room had a great view and was very comfortable

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank PhilipW1952

Dear PhilipW1952

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and for our 5 out of 5 score.

I am delighted you had a good time and took full advantage of our ideal location.