“Very good”

Ranked #259 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Yet another branch on the Hilton family tree. I suppose they're pitching it just below the Hilton brand itself.
Stayed here Saturday and Sunday night recently - to be honest, good 4* experience in general. Service friendly and efficient and buffet breakfast good, and, even when busy, well-staffed so tables cleared quickly, coffee brought on time etc. Rooms are Ok, though on the small side and not many seemed to have any sort of view at all.
This hotel is ideally placed for Westminster and the Tate Gallery and in moderate walking distance of Buckingham Palace - so good for tourists. And that is certainly what the hotel was during my stay - mainly foreign tourists.
A few points - the bar is spacious and service there not bad but it seems aimed at young people - loud rap soundtrack and almost disco lighting. And the hotel still seems to be doing a little 'bedding in" - where our mini-bar fridge should have been was just an empty cupboard and loud banging - not from the building site outside but from inside the hotel - started at 8.15 on the Monday morning.
However, they seem to have pitched the idea of this chain right - might use it again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cookstown, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for three nights when travelling to London for a football match. The staff as always with Hilton were very polite and helpful. We had an executive room on the tenth floor to start with. When my husband and I went to the room we discovered it was beside the lift so we asked to change (due to a bad experience in a different hotel) this was not a problem and we got moved to the 11th floor. The room was clean and modern. The bathroom is a bit small but it has everything you need. We had access to the executive lounge which was brilliant too. It is a 5 minute was to Big Ben and tube stations, very handy. The only thing I would say is we got water on the first two nights in our room but not the third. I did ask about this but was told we only should have got it on the first night, I don't really understand this reasoning as it did say in the room description that you get water in the room and they left the note saying enjoy this water but not the water.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sworkman86
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had three rooms for one night,all average size. On check-in we didn't receive the obligatory cookies, but on check-out we mentioned this and they gave us five cookies. Hotel was clean and tidy Breakfast was £21 better to have a short walk to the organic breakfast shop on Horseferry road.Shower was the highlight of our stay inside and outside the hotel.Would stay again if visiting Westminister.

Room Tip: 626 sun in the afternoon
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed here many times on business. The rooms are clean and simple as you would expect from the Doubletree brand.

What has set this hotel apart for me is the great service received. I had problems with my book and the staff were very helpful in resolving it, assigning me another room and assuring me that I would get my booked discounted rate even though the booking hadn't been correctly placed (which was actually the fault of my travel agent).

I can't comment on breakfast as I've always been room only. The hotel bar is very pleasant and the food available there is of a reasonably quality.

Couple of caveats - as seems to be common with Doubletree, the rooms had showers but no baths. This didn't bother me. It's a bit out of the way unless you have business in Westminster and it's a reasonable walk from the tube station if carrying a lot or if mobility is an issue.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I spent 4 nights at this hotel in January, and overall the experience was quite average.

The rooms were actually quite big which i really enjoyed due to the amount of shopping i did!
The shower was absolutely amazing for me! we got caught lost in the rain for about an hour in the freezing cold, and once i hopped in that shower i never wanted to get out. the crabtree and evelyn amenities were so good as well! The shower was large, yet the steam filled the entire space which was really what made it so good!
Unfortunately my friends who had a room next to mine had a lot of trouble with their shower. There was no hot water. we called up the engineer and he tried to fix it but it still did not provide hot water. in the end we just gave up and they used my shower. luckily we had a door in between our rooms.

The breakfast was pretty standard, each day they did a different special. my friend who was staying with me is a celiac and cannot have any gluten or she will be very sick. the chefs made her a special omelette the first day as they did not offer any gluten free toast (very shocked at that). unfortunately there must have been an issue with the omelette with contamination or something because my friend was vomiting all morning at buckingham palace. it was a real downer on our day.
when we arrived back to the hotel we spoke to a manager about it. they were very apologetic about the whole thing and promised some gluten free bread the next day. The next day the provided the gluten free bread and made sure everything was ok. I hope they have learnt from their experiences and now stock gluten free bread just in case.

The location was good, the rooms were standard but nothing about the hotel really made me find it outstanding. i do love the cookie on arrival!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My son and his partner treated us to afternoon tea at the Milbank Lounge in the Doubletree by Hilton Westminster. What a treat, it was a quiet Saturday afternoon, on arriving we where taken to seating arranged around a low table next to the large wall of a window. The high tea consisted of pink champagne, followed by a beautifully presented sandwhich an array of little afternoon cakes. This was then followed by warm scones with jam and clotted cream with teapots of English tea. The staff where attentive, professional and friendly. I would highly recommend this as a treat or a celebration present . I would like to return and stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: You can find voucher offers on Travel-zoo for afternoon tea.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Paul H
london, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2014

very poor customer service , outdated billing proccess even lost my credit card details. im very very disapionted with the service of this hilton hotel for the price . they promised a bottle of wine on arrival due to all the problems never received one and denied they said it despite it saying in email ? hotel is very nice , reservations , bookings , customer service , management very very poor .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Jak S
D0laO, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Jak S,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the DoubleTree Westminster.

I am sorry to see that you experienced several lapses in service on your recent stay. Please be assured that I have taken your comments very seriously, and if you contact me with details of your stay, I will be happy to personally follow up and investigate why we fell short of our usual high standards in this instance.

My sincere apologies once again. This is not how we usually operate, and I hope you will grant us the opportunity to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster so that we can make amends for this disappointment, as we are eager to put things right.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards,