“nice hotel”

Ranked #281 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Celje, Slovenia
“nice hotel”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel is nice. Check-in was fast, cookies were a nice touch. They are delicious. Our executive rooms were of decent size. Bathroom was extremely clean and towels and bathrobes were great. Toiletries are great too- but no toothpaste or toothbrush, I really missed that.
We arrived really late at night and there were no slippers in room-we had to wait for them and my parents had to go back to reception to get them. It would be much easier just to put them in room so you can take a quick shower and go to bed. So ask for the slippers when you check-in.We didn't get newspaper and I don't know why. Nobody asked and I saw somw rooms at our floor had newspaper in front of the door in the morning.
Breakfast was OK, nothing special, I've had better at 3star hotels. Eggs were undercooked for my taste, no nutella, no coffee machine to make hot chocolate or capuccino . Also coffee wasn't good. But I loved fruit salad and apples!Poor selection of cheese. Bacon was so thick nobody from our party enjoed eating it.
Executive lounge was nothing special-it's not worth paying extra to enjoy some bottled watter, coca-cola, apples, tea and coffee (the machine was really weird and no matter how hard I tried I never succeeded at making proper caffee latte). They serve alcohol and canapes only for two hours each day in the evening-and it's no coctails, it is just Beck's beer and wine. Sandwiches were really good. I missed sweets, cakes, biscuits...Something sweet to eat with tea.
All in all, I think we would go back. Manily for cleanliness and location. Location is great, easy to walk to major tourist attractions and also close to buses and underground. But for the price I think some things shoud be better.

Room Tip: ask for a river view. I asked but didn't get it. Also executive floors have nice view but I don...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
D0laO, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear anastepisnik,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree Westminster. It's a pleasure to see that you found our location suitable to your needs, enjoyed our signature DoubleTree Cookie and had a good night's sleep. We appreciate your kind comments about the DoubleTree Team and the aesthetics of the Hotel.

I am sorry that your newspaper was not delivered and your slippers were not in the room. We have a 24-hour Duty Manager on hand to respond to any and all queries you may have, no matter the time of day, so please feel free to call down to the front desk on future visits. However, these items should have been delivered to you and for this I sincerely apologise. The team has been made aware of this oversight, and re-training has been initiated so that such a lapse of service will not reoccur.

I was disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your breakfast as much as others who have reviewed our property, and I have forwarded your feedback on both breakfast and the Executive Lounge to our Food & Beverage Manager for further review. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Once again, I am very sorry that your experience with us was less than ideal, but thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree Westminster in person at some point in the future to restore your faith in the hotel and us.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (767)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I had an amazing weekend in this hotel. Definitely an ideal place for a romantic getaway! Perfectly situated in the heart of Westminster and plenty of places to visit. The tube station isn't far from the hotel... roughly a 10\15 min walk or a short ride in a taxi. Definitely recommend! The breakfast was outstanding and there was plenty of choice. Some rooms were smoking and some non-smoking but that didn't bother us. You couldn't smell the smoke or anything from other rooms. We had apple technology in the room which was lovely and a great view too!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
D0laO, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Emmaxx1,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster. We appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback of your stay, and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Here at the DoubleTree Westminster, we are very proud of the positive contributions that members of the Trip Advisor community have left for us over the years, and it is a joy to add yours to this growing number.

Thank you once again. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope to welcome you both back to the DoubleTree Westminster in the not too distant future!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The location is great – very convenient for both business and leisure (near the Houses of Parliament, and Tate Britain is just along the street). The hotel is quiet, modern and generally well equipped.

I came back to my room on the first day to find that the room key did not work and went to the front desk to be asked to move for some unspecified “maintenance issue” in a room nearby. I readily agreed, but was in a hurry to rush out to an appointment and was then kept waiting for the person to show up with the new key. I was told “we have a lovely executive room for you on the 10th floor” which looked exactly like the room I had been in, so I am not sure what the difference is between the various room types. The hotel did offer me access to the executive club, which was windowless, but had a decent, although not very interesting, buffet breakfast and some drinks.

The reason I’m commenting is the very poor internet access. The wifi is slow and completely unreliable. It was extremely slow to load small files or even emails (pages kept timing out), I couldn’t hold a conversation on skype or facetime, and it really became impossible to work. Anything with a video file was impossible. I called “guest services” several times over three days, and was told variously that “we know it’s an ongoing problem and are trying to get it fixed”, to “we can offer you a cable” (which was OK but it did not work, and anyway the desk had no phone [this was next to the bed] and to use a cable at the desk meant you couldn’t use the phone at the same time) to “well, it’s free, and lots of hotels in London charge for internet access” as if this were some kind of excuse for poor service. Nothing, even internet access, is “free” in a hotel, and we are certainly paying for it in our overall rate. Because I couldn’t call on skype I made three local phone calls and was charged £3.15 per call for “connection fee”, which seems very steep. There was no suggestion to remove these from my account.

I travel a lot and rarely complain, so although the location is good, I could not recommend staying here until the wifie is fixed as this made working impossible for me. I certainly expected better from this chain of hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This was my chosen hotel on a trip to London where I proposed to my future wife. I have been a guest when owned by City Inn and then Mint Hotels and service had been fantastic. I still love this hotel but my latest visit was not impressive. My room on the 3rd floor was below the gym and very noisy and the IMac did not work properly. I got moved to the 9th floor but called reception 3 times to fix the IMac that kept freezing and on no occasion was an apology received. I expected more for a new Hhonors member. The bar was good and we enjoyed the breakfast. Will I choose to preference Hilton in the future........?????

• Stayed March 2014
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in march for a weekend and at £125 a night inc breakfast I thought it was good value for London. Hotel is only 5 min walk from pimlico station and only 15-20 min walk from the main sights at Trafalgar Square.
The free computer and wifi is a nice touch too.
Breakfast was really good and a great selection and ideal for a days sightseeing.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear AndyNighty,

Thank you once again. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster in the not too distant future!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. Food in the restaurant was good and the service was excellent We were in an executive room with amazing views of the river. Having access to the executive lounge with free drinks and snacks was a bonus, but being British, the opportunity for free booze is hard to pass up so this lounge does become very busy and claustrophobic at times. Having said that it is a great place for meeting people.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

South of England
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed for one night after a meal and show in London - booked a suite which was excellent. Great views, seperate lounge with coffee machine, etc. Loved the warm cookies on check-in, a simple thing but nice added touch. Service was excellent througout, even in the bar area at night. Great location just around the corner from the Thames and a 10 minute stroll to the South Bank.

Breakfast was nice but restaurant was very busy. Only criticism is that there was almost always a queue for reception as only ever 1 or 2 staff on. However, would not hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple