The HI Express at Stratford is a great location, only a few minutes walk from the DLR and Jubilee Underground, with great access to Central London. The hotel itself has been spruced up for the Olympics and is very smart with very helpful staff. The area is a bit of a desert in terms of restaurants and facilities - the HI Express provides an excellent complimentary breakfast. The rooms are very well organised and smart with a great bathroom with modern fixtures.
My only average rating reflects the most important element of a stay, the bed. We stayed two nights, and I'm very glad it was only for two and no more. We discovered during our first night, that the bed was ridiculously soft and bouncy. This meant that my partner and I both suffered badly from aching backs, and also that the slightest movement by either of us could result in the other person being catapulted on to the floor. Talking of floors, the boxspring and/or mattress were so bad that we ended up moving the mattress and sleeping on the floor.
Following calls to the front desk, we discovered that the hotel didn't have any form of board for the bed, and that apparently this 'newer' mattress was the standard for the IHG chain. Now I'm no real expert but I don't recall waking up and feeling like Herman Munster after sleeping in any North American establishment within the IHG group. After much pleading the following morning, we toured the hotel trying to find a better mattress for the second night, and ended up in another room with something slightly more acceptable. I have to say the staff couldn't have been more helpful.
This is an enormous shame as I really liked this hotel and the great staff who work there. I wouldn't stay here again because of the likelihood of having to endure a night on a rack.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn-Express London-Stratford Hotel. Located just 7 minutes walk from Stratford Station, with great links taking you to O2 Arena, Excel Exhibition Centre & Canary Wharf in just 15 minutes. Central London, The City & West End, are easily reached by Central and Jubilee tube lines. Express by Holiday Inn London Stratford is situated in the heart of East London, site of the 2012 LONDON OLYMPICS. Stratford Regional and International Station with the Eurostar Rail Link is due to be opened in Sep 2011. Stratford has excellent connections, making it easy to get to Holiday Inn-Express London Stratford. The hotel is 3 miles from A13 with its excellent links to A406 North Circular Road, A127, M25 & M11. Proximity of London City Airport via Docklands Light Railway and Stansted Airport via National Express Coach makes Holiday Inn-Express London Stratford an ideal base for business or pleasure. Complimentary Express Hot Breakfast is served every morning in our Great Room. Evening meals are served Monday-Sunday 18:00 22:00. Car Park booking is FIRST COME FIRST SERVE only. Charges £20 PER NIGHT PER CAR. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Stratford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London Stratford Hotel London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Stratford England