We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 1 night during the Paralympics. The hotel is well situated for both transport links and the Olympic Park/Westfield Shopping Centre. The hotel is about 8 minutes walk from Stratford Main Station, 3 minutes walk from the DLR, 5 minutes walk from the Olympic Park and 10 minutes walk from Westfield.
The hotel was clean and modern with small but well appointed rooms. Our room 427 overlooked a courtyard at the back of the hotel and was nice and quiet. We did not notice any noise from the traffic which is always a bonus in London. The bed was soft but comfortable and the water in the bathroom was hot and plentiful. We did not use the WiFi because 3G coverage was pretty good in our room on the O2 network. There was an additional charge for using WiFi. We also noticed that our floor had an ironing room which we did not use. There was also tea/coffee making facilities in the room.
Breakfast was complimentary and served until 10:30. The selection and quality was fine for a quick breakfast with hot food available on the buffet counter.
The reception desk employees were polite and helpful at both check-in and check-out.
We really could not find fault with the hotel, other than it was a little pricey because of the Paralympics but I am sure you get a better rate at other times of the year. Clearly when you check into a Holiday Inn you are not expecting 5 star luxuries but it did exceed our expectations and "did what it said on the tin".
There was a handy Tesco Metro supermarket 2 minutes from the hotel that was open until 23:00.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn-Express London-Stratford Hotel. Located just 7 minutes walk from Stratford Station, with great links taking you to O2 Arena, Excel Exhibition Centre & Canary Wharf in just 15 minutes. Central London, The City & West End, are easily reached by Central and Jubilee tube lines. Express by Holiday Inn London Stratford is situated in the heart of East London, site of the 2012 LONDON OLYMPICS. Stratford Regional and International Station with the Eurostar Rail Link is due to be opened in Sep 2011. Stratford has excellent connections, making it easy to get to Holiday Inn-Express London Stratford. The hotel is 3 miles from A13 with its excellent links to A406 North Circular Road, A127, M25 & M11. Proximity of London City Airport via Docklands Light Railway and Stansted Airport via National Express Coach makes Holiday Inn-Express London Stratford an ideal base for business or pleasure. Complimentary Express Hot Breakfast is served every morning in our Great Room. Evening meals are served Monday-Sunday 18:00 22:00. Car Park booking is FIRST COME FIRST SERVE only. Charges £20 PER NIGHT PER CAR. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Stratford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London Stratford Hotel London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Stratford England