This hotel is only a short walk (10 minutes) from Stratford rail and bus terminal. Westfield Stratford City is just a stroll away. Apparently this has just had an extensive expansion and refurbishment, with 153 rooms.
I booked through the Priority Clubs site and was charged £198 for a twin room for one night – it was the Paralympics period – sorry, Holiday Inns – you were making a fast buck!!!
We were well received at reception and allocated a room on the second floor. The public areas are clean and bright. The room was the usual size for this brand of hotel with 2 single beds, desk unit and wardrobe unit. The tv was 29” with a freeview service, the hospitality tray was perfunctory, but the room was clean. The bed was soft, but the linen was clean and crisp. The bathroom is small, with the outer door capable of separating off the toilet from the rest of the bathroom – useful. Toiletries are based on wall mounted dispensers. Lighting levels are ok. The curtains give adequate but not complete black-out and the window does not shut out traffic noise which was intrusive.
Breakfast was served in the lobby (which doubles as a Bar) with a choice of scrambled eggs, crispy bacon or sausages and fresh coffee including espresso and cappuccino and fruit, cereals, yoghurts and various breads. It was self service but most things were readily available and well presented.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn-Express London-Stratford Hotel. Located just 7 minutes walk from Stratford Station, with great links taking you to O2 Arena, Excel Exhibition Centre & Canary Wharf in just 15 minutes. Central London, The City & West End, are easily reached by Central and Jubilee tube lines. Express by Holiday Inn London Stratford is situated in the heart of East London, site of the 2012 LONDON OLYMPICS. Stratford Regional and International Station with the Eurostar Rail Link is due to be opened in Sep 2011. Stratford has excellent connections, making it easy to get to Holiday Inn-Express London Stratford. The hotel is 3 miles from A13 with its excellent links to A406 North Circular Road, A127, M25 & M11. Proximity of London City Airport via Docklands Light Railway and Stansted Airport via National Express Coach makes Holiday Inn-Express London Stratford an ideal base for business or pleasure. Complimentary Express Hot Breakfast is served every morning in our Great Room. Evening meals are served Monday-Sunday 18:00 22:00. Car Park booking is FIRST COME FIRST SERVE only. Charges £20 PER NIGHT PER CAR. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Stratford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London Stratford Hotel London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Stratford England