“Worth a visit”
Review of Jubilee Hotel

Jubilee Hotel
Ranked #917 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Bargain basement and great value Hotel well located and convenient for Victoria Coach/Rail/Underground
Good friendly staff
Clean bed and linen and an adequate breakfast to start the day
Would I stay here again? - most definitely.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RH1949

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I can understand old and thin walls but I can't handle dirty. The shower had black mold around and in the cauking of it. The shower curtain was stained from mold at the bottem. It had been bleached but looked really bad. Towels where old and scratchy. No wash clothes. The bed linens where leftovers from who knows how long. Our room had a wall that we later realized was put up after the building was built to make another guest room. The two rooms shared an outer window so if you opened the inner window you could hear everything that went on next door. Did I mention the 7 flights of stairs to the 4th floor. This got old after 6 days. We complaned to management and all they would do is change the subject on us. It was over a weekend so no other place had availibility. This one was listed in Rick Steve's England book and should not be. Don't make our mistake of staying there!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a Hotel that is well known around the world. It might be more money but well worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank D B
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Good location, friendly staff. Hotel is in quiet area, not far from Victoria train station. Front desk works 24/7.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Judita V
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Cheap Hotel near Victoria Station. Good value for money. Not much in the way of amenities. Sparce breakfast. No shampoo. Not all rooms have private bathrooms. Still, quite cheap. You get value for what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Yossi S
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I needed a cheap and cheerful hotel in the heart of London - this was certainly good value as far as hotels go for the area, but was hardly cheerful. The staff were miserable, there was no lift to the fourth floor and when I came to leave they had me down as two people staying in the twin room when it was clearly a single booking!! Unbelievable! (No, a second person did not stay!). The room itself was pokey beyond belief and the wall between the rooms allowed the window to be a shared one!!! Extraordinary. As a 'sleep factory' goes, fine, but do not expect a nice place, because this really isn't.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel was cheap for its location but the price did not justify how disgusting it is !! I'm a student so needed something cheap and cheerful, however this hotel was a health hazard. The bare minimum you expect when staying away is a clean bed and bathroom. We tried two different rooms after complaining, both had dirty, marked and ripped bed sheets, damp smelly bathrooms with rotten & moldy shower heads and curtains ~(see pics- you wouldn't believe it!). the toilet brushes were enough to make you sick, covered in feces from a previous persons use. I refused to take my shoes off and walk on the carpet which was soggy moldy near the bathroom entrance and ripped and dirty over the room. we tried our very hardest to get a room short notice in the surrounding area but all were fully booked. spent the weekend trying to have as little physical contact with the room as possible.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shirley M
Reviewed September 14, 2012

A good hotel in an excellent location! The room --and even the bathroom -- was tiny, but I understand that every square meter is very expensive in central London.The room was clean.Unfortunatelly, there is not an elevator in this hotel.The breakfast was "continental" ,but delicious.The staff was friendly and helpful.There is only one little thing I 'd like to mention, because I did not really understand it.At first I spent two nights at the hotel before I went to South to visit friends. 4 days later I returned to the hotel for one more night.I was made to pay for the room in advance .Not when I checked in.Not when I checked out. I had to pay in the evening after returning from a long walk...There wasn't any problem with my credit card or my payment at the first time,4 days before, so I found it a bit "offending"....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo