“Good service, tiny room!”

St. George's Pimlico
Ranked #680 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Good service, tiny room!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Although the room was clean and fresh, it was absolutely minute. I barely had room to dress. The bathroom was clean but very cramped and the shower hose had a mind of its own spraying water all over the bed (yes it was that close!)

Having said this the bed was very comfortable, although being right next to the window, there was a bad draught. I slept well however.

The breakfast was outstanding both mornings I stayed and the staff asked me if I had enjoyed my stay, something that you don't often get at these smaller hotels.

Recommended, for a short stay or get a double room!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank David F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We came and spent 2 nights at the hotel and liked it very much. The staff was really friendly and were always ready to assist if there was anything. The breakfast was good with a good selection of cereal and cooked breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable. We definitely got value for money. Great location not far from Pimlico and Victoria stations. This will be our first option when we return to London.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 12rikey
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I booked on the web-site of this 'hotel'. I booked a room with en-suite facilities. On arrival I was given a room on the very top of the building a total of 94 steps. The bathroom is separate from the room having to go down 8 steps and both were as if frozen in the 1970's ! As I am in my late 50's I asked to be given another room as the stairs were a problem - the 'hotel' has no lift.
On asking I got a very rude reply - 'this is the only one we have , take it or leave it' .
I have been travelling for over 40 years. Even the guesthouses I stayed in London in the early 70's were much better than this one. Will defintely not consider staying another time - even if they pay me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Charles198

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Blackpool
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I This was my fourth visit to this hotel and yet again was very impressed.. Outstanding value for money it is a budget hotel in Pimlico and close to the underground station. The rooms are superb plus the breakfast. You would never think that you were staying at a budget hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank JonJames770
Gosia K, General Manager at St. George's Pimlico, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear JonJames770,

Thank you so much for you kind words. As a new management company we are trying very hard to improve guest's experience and feedback such as yours is a great boost for the new team.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Thanks
Gosia
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have never stayed in such a disgusting hotel as this and I’m not the sort to usually complain about much but this hotel took poor quality to a whole new level. The bed appeared to be fresh bedding however finding many hairs in the bed made me start to question whether the bedding had actually been changed or not. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned at all there were still half empty shower bottles in the shower and the shower was broken as the head wouldn't attach to its fitting so you had to hold it. There was what appeared to be pubic hair still in the sink and around the toilet. The whole bathroom had a disgusting smell so I had to keep the bathroom door closed as every time you opened it the whole room smelled also. The bed was horrifically uncomfortable with springs sticking out all over and the window didn't even have a lock on it. All in all I would avoid this hotel like the plague which no doubt could be caught if you stayed there long enough!!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Becca W
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Convenient location of hotel for evening meals nearby
Convenient for buses, 2 minute walk
Very cramped accommodation
Very small breakfast eating area, food adequate for price paid
Food cooked fresh
plenty of fresh fruit
Separate entrance for bedrooms along street
Very difficult climb up to our bedroom, 4 flights of stairs, NO LIFT
Bedroom very cramped, especially toilet area where it was difficult to turn round
Shower cubicle was passed its best!!, needed a new shower hose as ours was split ( told reception who said it would be fixed), difficult to open / close shower door
Had to ask EACH day for tea / coffee making tray
Very stuffy & noisy

Room Tip: I do not think there are any good rooms!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doug L
Lancashire
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel is very basic, and in the main clean, does appear to have been recently decorated, but our sheet had a hole in it, with threadbare prickly woollen blanket and an old bedspread, with more woollen blankets in cupboard. Remote for tv handed to you with your keys and no kettle, let alone tea bags and supplies. We stayed out all day rather than go back. Fortunately we stayed for only one night as our previous hotel could not accommodate an extra night.

Fortunately our room was on what they classed as the 2nd floor with 3 flights of very steep stairs, carrying luggage was no joke.

Breakfast the next day was farcical, we were waiting for the tv crew to jump out and say it was a wind up. We sat down and we're ordered to another table. Orange juice or cornflakes was barked at us, followed by eggs! Do not request medium boiled eggs unless you like them raw.

Soon as breakfast was over we left, we preferred to sit in Euston station for 2 1/2 hours than spend any longer there.

Pro - very near to Pimlico tubbe and no 24 bus stops near by.

Could be excellent with a little work and would help if curtains weren't shorter than window.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple