“Bad Hotel”

St. George's Pimlico
Ranked #615 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night, nothing but a total disappointment. We immediately checked out next day and moved a near by hotel, Best Western, within St. George Square.
This is a very small and old hotel, without an elevator, almost impossible to carry the large luggage through the narrow stairway up to third floor. The room is small, the carpet is dirty and smelly, the sheet, pillow cases, blanket and towers are old, worn out. The bathroom does not have any shampoo and soap other than a small used bar of soap left by the previous person.
I wished I had checked the reviews before booking.
The hotel should be rated 2-stars instead of 3-starts. I would recommend to stay away from this hotel.

2  Thank Phil N
There are newer reviews for St. George's Pimlico

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We have just returned from our weekend away- staying at the St.George's hotel near Pimlico tube station. I made a huge mistake of not checking the reviews for this b&b before I booked it otherwise I would not have booked it. The room was very basic which was not too much of an issue but their are no stairs so would not be appropriate for people who find walking up about 8 flights of stairs easy! The manager was very rude (not directly to us but we witnessed it towards other people which was off putting!). I felt sorry for the waitressing staff as they looked to be bossed about by her. The breakfast is not much to be desired... I was given 1 fried egg and a rasher of bacon as a cooked breakfast because I asked for no beans and was left to fill up on toast! There was also a choice of either a glass of orange juice or cereal- I mean is this place even real? Everyone seems to have a quota as well to what they are allowed as this morning another customer asked if she could have another glass of orange juice and was asked very abruptly by the manager about who it was for? The customer responded by saying that it was for her and her friend and the manager took a few moments to think about it before reluctantly agreeing! This is just bad customer service! Yesterday the same manager was rude to some Canadian girls and had an argument with them in the dining hall in front of other guests accusing them of having another girl stay in their room and demanding that the girl owes them money for the room when all she had done was pop over to see them in the morning!....so unprofessional! We paid £95 per night for this B&B and it is not worth it, we shall be paying a bit extra to stay somewhere else in future and have told all out friends about it so they will not be booking there. To put it like this, we thought we would see Del boy (from Only fools and horses) walk into the room! Totally unbelievable and avoid at all costs if you want a nice weekend away, on the other hand if you want something basic, and don't mind rude people then this place would be okay for you. I know I have been blunt in this but unless you say it how it is then any future customers don't get to make an informed choice about where they wish to stay. OVER PRICED for the money!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!
1  Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was a B&B (I guess) or Mom & Pop accomodation. With the word hotel being in the name, I expected more. Rooms were extremely small, no washcloths (although we were given 2 when asked for), couldn't get suitcases upstairs so chose the main floor w/twin beds, not as close to things as advertised. Had to ask for hairdryer (as advertised). All in all, disappointed. However, front desk was cooperative. Breakfast was good.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I booked a double/twin room + breakfast for 4 nights in your hotel for the period of
On the 27th of June until the 1st of July.

To my surprise this was nothing but a disappointment on different levels.
First, in the mail it states that there is breakfast between 07:00 and 10:00 o’clock
and when I arrived at 08:30 one of your staff members pointed me on the fact that I was too late for breakfast and when this would happen again I would not have a breakfast at all. I was completely shocked!

The Wi-Fi connection was useless as my room was on the 5th floor which I had to reach by stairs… I even had to go to different places inside the hotel to try my luck there but unfortunately without any usable signal.

This made me decide to leave the hotel a day earlier. Normally I would have to check
out on Sunday the 1st of July but I checked out two days earlier on the 29th of June.

So I hereby would like to request a refund to my credit card for one night accommodation at your hotel.

I look forward to your earliest positive response to this email.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 4, 2012

perfect location for our jubilee weekend celebrations as we wanted to be near River Thames. However, hotel is very disappointing. Staff are rude and unhelpful, room was smelly and small, very steep UNLIT stairs which were extremely dangerous at night. Did not bother with breakfast as time was too early. Luckily we did not have to spend too much time here as we were out and and about. Would not recommend at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We arrived at this 'hotel' to find that the twin room accommodation we had booked was not available. Double room only which, for us, was entirely inappropriate.No amount of discussion changed this. The proprietor was about as unhelpful as it was possible to be. He proceeded to attempt to extract another £60 cost from us in order to provide us with another double-room that he acknowledged was reserved for someone else. When we asked what would happen if they showed up, he merely shrugged. This all happened within 30 minutes of arrival.
The tiny 'room' could have done with a clean, the shower in the bathroom could have done with a better door and some water pressure.
Overall, not a pleasant experience by any reasonable yardstick.

Room Tip: If you make the mistake of booking a room at this place, avoid a second mistake by calling the place...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bazwaldo1
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Good location, breakfast always the same, terrible coffee, reception lady was unfriendly, too expensive for this hotel

• Stayed: October 2011