“Expensive nice nosh !”

Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: http://www.gailsbread.co.uk/contact_us
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Us northerners also appreciate the good stuff. Gails certainly qualifies. The French brioche and blueberry pancakes were delicious. The coffee was equally good and without exception the cakes and savouries on display looked amazing. The bread was different and very tempting .
It's just at £34 for breakfast (3 of us) I did think it was on the pricey side. I'm sure this doesn't stop anyone visiting and I'm equally sure there are plenty of regulars. If I was local I'd have it as a treat, I guess you need to make your own mind up. Soho is packed with lots of lovely cafés , restaurants and so much choice, Gails fits in nicely !

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I frequently visit Gail's for brunch during the weekend. Its location in Wardour Street, just behind Oxford and Regent Street makes it the ideal brunch-break during a day of shopping. Ideal for "solo" or small groups (max. 3 to 4 people) as the place is very tiny, informal and with few available seats. The menu is written on a blackboard behind the counter, a few hot dishes are available just for brunch time (until 3pm) but there is a variety of bakery products exposed that you can choose from. Pizza breads, pastries, muffins, cheese rolls and sandwiches on the bakery side. Gail's also offers a variety of healthy options such as its rich salads - my favourite is the feta, beetroot, rocket and nuts - , its fresh fruit salads and its yogurt with granola - I believe Gail's granola is one of the best in town (you can also purchase it to bring home!). The hot beverages are creamy and tasty, the cappuccino is soft and served at the perfect temperature. During summer time, Gail's offers fruit smoothies as well - I definitely recommend the watermelon one, truly refreshing and pleasantly light with no dairy included. Gail's is a "must" for a brunch with your girl friends and for couples.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Gail's has an excellent selection of sandwiches and pastries. Love the bread selection. The staff is always warm and helpful and I go to Gail's every other day when I need something quick, easy and delicious.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Get an healthy breakfast, and why not at Gail's.
We had several ones and the quality is consistent.
The scones, the muffins, the bread are top quality.
Coffee and tea selections are fine.
The place is ok to host a bunch of people, including kids - seems the place is very welcoming with children.
Terrasse is nice and easily crowded.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This review concerns the store in Queens Park. I stopped there looking for breakfast and was pleased to see that they had savory items as well as breads and pastries. I ordered the english muffin with bacon jam, ham and a fried egg. The portion was huge and could have easily fed two people. If you are looking far an inexpensive but tasty breakfast or lunch this is a good place to visit.