“The soup was terrible”

Description: http://www.gailsbread.co.uk/contact_us
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The soup was terrible”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had a soup (blue chesse, broccoli and beans) the taste was terrible and the look of the soup seems for the day before. the soup looks as a porridge. I spoke with the manager and she told me if I never eat chesse before that is the taste. I told her to try the soup and she went to the kitchen to taste and said is ok. She told me she won't give me anything (another soup or return money). I was very dissapointed how the manager managed the situation.

• Visited June 2013

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“not happy”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The dishes are really small and over prized. They do tell you to order a few of them per person which is fair. The price is not. I had a greek salad, tiny and consisting of raw onions for a quarter of the dish. The second dish was pizza. The doughiest and blandest I ever had. All in all an utterly unsatisfying meal that left me hungry and with the feeling I didn't eat well for 20something pounds including a bottle of water & an expresso. The table beside me didn't get over how much they loved it. The cute presentation of some dishes had really won them over and they loudly praised the food. Maybe just a question of taste but a big NO for me.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good quality but overpriced, like many things described as 'artisan'”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

It's interesting that these cafes are only to be found in places where people could be on expense accounts or aren't too bothered how much things cost... Having heard about these places my friend and I visited the Crouch End one and while it was perfectly ok (and they kindly didn't charge me for the tea as I wanted to use my own teabag since they didn't offer that tea) the experience was spoiled by the freezing cold draught at the only remaining table (unfortunately situated beside the loo). I wonder how they make money since places like Crouch End and Muswell Hill are bursting to the seams with cafes and restaurants.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Super place for lunch or coffee”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I am a big fan of GAILS, have been to their branch in chiswick, fulham and soho. i love the choice of sweet and savoury snacks available. their combinations are v inventive and interesting. loved their brioche roll with feta and sweet peppers - delish! their savoury scones are also superb. great choice of coffees and range of soft drinks is pretty extensive. the staff are really ncie and friendly and they never seem to rush you out of their space, even though seating is limited. i would recomend it highly for a quick lunch or a coffee break.

• Visited March 2013
new york
“One of my favorite lunch spots in London”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

When I was in the area, I used to frequent the Gail's in Angel (exmouth market) frequently. They are pricey, but they don't skimp on quality. I've never ordered something that wasn't delicious at Gail's.

I liked to get their mozzarella sandwich for lunch- the quality of the mozzarella was perfect- the moistness and softness was incredible.

Their cookies are incredibly good too.

They have an amazing rotating selection of healthy soups- but it's best to come early since they run out fast. They are incredibly nice and even offer a free taste of the soup, if you are unsure. The soup comes with a slice of their famous artisan bread.

Visited January 2013