Greenwich Royal Tours
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Ways to Experience Greenwich Royal Tours
from $225.36
More Info
All reviews half day tour walking tour secret garden tour highlights tour afternoon tea graham observatory guide architecture information interests shakespeare
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2019

My wife and I booked this tour and our guide was Graham. This tour was highly rated and rightfully so. We learned interesting facts about Greenwich, visited various sites and had an excellent lunch as well. But what made this tour special was Graham himself. He was well versed in Greenwich facts. Plus he was so kind and down to earth, patiently answering our questions and just being an overall friendly gentleman. We would definitely recommend this tour to visitors and residents alike.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

Hands down the best food tour we have done. Victoria was our guide and she is fabulous! Her passion for food and flavor came through at every stop. The restaurants and menu items were superb. Her knowledge in the English customs and traditions helped us to understand the reasons why (no spoilers here, you have to take the tour). The food was ample and our appetites were satiated. The location was a little out of the way for us but the Greenwich area is well worth the visit. Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 22, 2019

This was one of my best tour experiences of all time. Our guide, Stephen, was a delight. He reminded me of Dr. Who, in the best possible way, as he whizzed us around London revealing hidden botanical wonders , many 'hidden in plain view'.

Coming from British Columbia I was drinking up the lengthy historical context of many of the gardens we saw. Stephen was super observant and with an artist's eye he helped me see things I would have missed on my own. It's a long day, a fair bit longer than 10,000 steps and as a stout, older person I was proud of myself for keeping up with the mercurial Stephen. Ending with tea at the physik garden couldn't have been nicer.
While I was on my travels I also went on some other more traditional tours with one guide for a much larger group, That is a completely different quality of experience. The smaller tours with Greenwich Royal Tours is a very high quality of tourist experience.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed July 12, 2019

Four of my travel friends and I were in London before a cruise was to leave and so I booked this great opportunity to see gardens in London. We started at the steps of St. Martin in the Field's Church and from there explored the back gardens of London. Stephen was our guide and so knowledgeable about the flowers, London, and art events. Many of us had seen gardens out of London and the Chelsey Garden show, but this was a personal experience to celebrate the smaller gardens which you might not see if on your own. High Tea was just a bonus to the day. Oh, we had sunshine too. I highly recommend this adventure.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019

Tom and I had a fabulous full day tour of Greenwich with Graham including a delicious lunch at a local pub overlooking the Thames. We were so glad we booked the full day tour as there was so much to see. We walked aboard the Teaclipper Cutty Sark while Graham shared its sailing history and we explored the vessel. Other highlights for us were the Old Royal Navy College and the Royal Observatory with its magnificent clocks developed to conquer the mystery of longitude. Graham was friendly, knowledgeable and truly a pleasure to be with. If you want to "really" experience Greenwich, this is the "Best" tour!

Date of experience: May 2019