“Award-winning fish and chips”

Baileys Fish and Chips
Ranked #40 of 24,264 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were staying in a holiday apartment ten minutes walk away so we dropped by Bailey's on a Thursday night. Being a small cafe/restaurant, it filled up quickly. The staff were friendly and welcoming and we were quickly ushered to our seats.
My husband and I ordered the medium cod each, one medium portion of chips and mushy peas to share. When the food were served, we realised that they had given us two order of chips. We told the staff and she cheerfully told us it was "on the house". The cod was very fresh with nice big flakes cooked in a light crispy batter. The portion was big and I could not finish all the chips. Before we left, my husband told the staff that his local chippy has won many awards but Bailey's fish and chips is so much better.
If you fancy fish and chips in London and if you are in the vicinity, it's definitely worth your while to check this place out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed August 19, 2014

The food was fantastic--delicious and well-prepared-- and the portion sizes were more than plenty even for an oversized American such as myself. The prices were surprisingly reasonable. Perhaps most impressive was the service. The gents who run this establishment were incredibly helpful and friendly. Example: I didn't see beer on the menu, but one of the gentlemen told me he could rustle up a beer for me. Off he went down the street (who knows where?) and brought back a beer for me.

The visit was a little bit of magic for us. Our family visited London on a trip from the States in July, and virtually every minute was a joy. Of course we had to partake in fish & chips, so I searched Tripadvisor and stumbled across this restaurant. Our surname is "Bailey," and I thought it'd be fun (cute, whatever) to eat here. The glowing reviews were another enticement. We arrived there during a healthy downpour, and then we saw a glorious double rainbow. Just seemed like all the stars aligned to bring us a perfect memory of glorious England.

We were all enthusiastic about the experience, and, what, with the double rainbow and all I did the proprietors a great favor by not crying and asking, "What does it mean?!?"

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Delicious food amazing service and it is very very clean.

I went there to get my dinner for the first time after a long Sunday being out of the house shopping.

When I went I was greated warmly by the staff. It was a v busy period and Allan kept on updating me all the time on the status of my food - without me needing to ask.

I also noticed something which is not available in other fish and chip shops. Bailays do not use same oil to fry or cook pork related meals in there - they cook them seperatly.

The food was very tasty when I started eating it back at home.

There is also a bar there where you can sit and eat your food.

I ordered a small fish and chips, and seriously, that was the biggest portion I ever had. I couldnt finish it all. It deff is value for money too.

You must try it..

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Went there on the basis of Tripadvisor reviews and it lived up to its reputation. Food was delicious and the price very reasonable. £5.65 lunch special included a piece of cod 11-12 inches long! Served piping hot and perfectly prepared. Very impressed with the service as well. Woman in charge of the house was very engaged, taking care of all customers as soon as they entered the restaurant, ensuring everyone got a seat if at all possible, and that you were able to place your order promptly. Friendly and attentive. I had the impression they were aware of their high Tripadvisor ranking and we're working very hard to maintain it by continuing to serve high quality food with great service. Job well done - we live in London now, and will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Really enjoyed the fish & fish, based on recommendation we took the slate. Service and athmosphere was amazing too, as was the music played ....