“Best fish ever”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was staying at a hotel nearby and I am a fan of this site. When I discovered that a fish and chip shop was in the top 10 in London was a couple of blocks away, on principle, I had to go visit. It was a tiny place. I was spectacularly clean, and the service was fast, friendly and efficient. Amazing in its own way. The chips and onion rings were average to a little above. What was amazing was the fish. I had the cod bites. These were note bites. They were fairly substantial pieces of cod. i would hate to see the whole thing! The quantity was amazing for the price. Super fresh and cooked better than any deep fried fish I have ever had by a mile. SPECTACULAR! Not worth a trek but if you are anywhere near, you are a fool not to take the opportunity. Just do it!

1  Thank akathabasca
Write a ReviewReviews (1,598)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Local people cant be wrong. Awesome cod, chips just ok, overall a perfect choice, away from tourists

1  Thank Panos252
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Nothing special about the Cod and Chips on offer here.

Chips were dry and the batter was overly crispy and oily.

I was led to believe it was one of the best around but it isn't as good as the place near me in Raynes Park.

I won't go back just because I know a better place.

One good thing, it's not expensive although more so than my local one which is better!

I imagine many reviewers who gave 5 stars have never had the good fortune to live near a really god Fish & Chip restaurant/ take-away, and know no better. It's the only explanation.

Staff are friendly but that doesn't compensate.

3  Thank jimbledon
Reviewed February 3, 2014

It is not the usual me to give the highest mark to a dining place, but this place deserves it.

It's mainly a fish and chips place, and they do it well, very well, with excellent value for money.

The fish was super tender and breaded to perfection, hand cut chips fried the way they should, good tartare sauce, meal done freshly while you wait.....you can't expect better from a fish and chips place, this place is near perfection, if I have to rate it in its category, it is the best I've been. Price only £5.35, these people seems to have passion in what they do.

Just stop at Fulham Broadway, a short walk to Dawes road, worth the visit.

3  Thank noble-taste
Reviewed February 3, 2014

simple honest food. the fish is incredibly fresh and battered to perfect and with real big fat chips this place makes honestly the Best Fish & Chips you'll ever eat.