“I didn't believe it would be this good...”

Baileys Fish and Chips
Ranked #41 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Ok, so someone told me their friends were driving 45 minutes to go to our local chippie, i thought they were somewhat mad but after getting a takeaway cod and chips for two, i would drive more than that. It's simply brilliant, god knows how or what they do but it's just fantastic.

1  Thank David T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,566)

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have just returned from eating a fantastic meal of a gigantic portion of cod with chips, mushy peas, tartare sauce and a lovely cup of tea to wash it all down, all this for the ridiculously cheap price of £8.50. For the ludicrous comments from a so called disgruntled customer who claimed that the place is dirty no it certainly is not. I am an ex- cleaning contractor and am fastidious when it comes to cleanliness and Baileys has it in spades. Also as to the comment from the same customer who claimed that the good reviews must be written by Baileys friends another piece of drivel. Apart from visiting Baileys and exchanging pleasantries with Gary, Alan, Alison and some of the staff I do not know them so therefore my reviews are totally unbiased, if I had a complaint or was unhappy with any aspect I would certainly say so. as to the other silly comment from another so called customer claiming the prices are excessive that's laughable you get massive portions of cod and chips from 12pm to 5pm for £5 odds. Where else would you get such great prices even outside the hours when the specials aren't on the prices are dirt cheap? I have seen many other establishments charging £12.50 for cod and chips alone which is excessive to me. Also I don't like my fish and chips to be greasy and Baileys is superb as Alan and Alison who are the only two I have ever seen do the frying consistently fry the fish with no excess grease on the fish and chips. Also for the comment that tomato sauce etc. is charged for if they make mango sauce etc. they are entitled to charge for them as it costs them to make them but tomato sauce is not charged for it sits on the counter with the vinegar and a sachet is given free with take outs, obviously if you are going to ask for four or five sachets then they have to charge they can't give it away for nothing. All the fish and chip shops I have visited for a take away have always charged 10p to 20p for a portion. Baileys blows its competitors away with their consistently good food , great prices and the friendliest owners and staff you could ever wish to meet.

2  Thank Aine-11
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Once again I have to thank the people who take time to write their reviews on Tripadvisor. We've been looking for somewhere to eat close to Stamford Bridge for when we attend matches there and on the recommendation of Tripadvisor reviews we decided to try Baileys.

Good fish and chips is one of our favourite meals and Baileys do fantastic fish and chips. The restaurant is principally a take away but there is bar style seating for about 10 people. Fortunately there were places available for us to eat in when we visited. The menu is a bit more extensive than your usual fish and chip shop and aside from deep fried cod and haddock it was interesting to see that the more health conscious amongst us can have the fish steamed. There are also pies, burgers and plenty of choices of side dishes such as mushy peas and coleslaw.

We stayed traditional and both chose cod and chips. When our meals arrived the cod was hanging over the sides of the plate and really thick as well. The batter is delightfully light and complimented a superb piece of cod - one of the best I've ever had - which was perfectly cooked.

The restaurant is spotlessly clean, the welcome is warm and the service is excellent. With superb quality fish and chips as well I can't think what more you would want.

Baileys will be our preferred pre-match destination from now on - no need to look elsewhere!

1  Thank Timelord1212
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Had fish and chips here last week. The best I have ever had. Everything fresh and cooked to perfection. They were very busy but still maintained excellent service and very clean throughout. will be returning ASAP.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We were here since it's No.3 ranking on Tripadvisor while we trying to find some good local food nearby. It's a small shop full of people, however the service were still great and friendly!
we ordered Cod/ Rock+ Chips, and the size were huge (cuz we never had Fish& Chips before!)
It's fresh and tasty...when it was still hot. They got cold easily and feel oily. There were two Italian sat next to us, we heard it was also their first time trying fish& chips, too. So I really want to know how do they feel after testing....It's was all silence just like us.
I think I'll never order another again.

However, for a Fish& Chips lover, it would be a must go place!