“Duuuuude”

Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Duuuuude”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

So you want to know what real fish and chips tastes like, come here. Not overly oily like I've had in the city, well cooked and piping hot. Really good quantity of food for your money.

3 Thank jrsplorer

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Oxford, Ohio
“The Fish Was So Big it was Hanging Over the Plate”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Actually I should have said platter instead of plate. This was one of our best and least expensive meals in London. I couldn't help but to notice this little restaurant has risen high above some of the best snooty French restaurants in London and our family just had to check it out. It was our last night in London and brother we were totally walked out. With really no reservation that night we decided to take a chance and try Baileys. We got out our tube station map and our London street map and planned a course to get there. It's really not that hard to find but when it's the first time going sometimes you get turned around a bit. I was a little shocked to see how small it really is but even without a reservation we got really lucky and got 3 counter seats together. If they've beat out the Ritz for Best Fish and Chips then you know you must be in for a treat. When they sat my plate down in front of me I thought "Oh No" I should have ordered the small portion. Well I ate it all because it was so darn good. If yore looking for a stuck up white cloth napkin kind of restaurant this might not be for you. If you're looking for the epitome of London Style Fish and Chips you've got to go here. Thanks Baileys. Looks like we saved the best for last!

7 Thank patopti
London, England, United Kingdom
“Happy customer certain to return”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Read the reviews and very happy to have found proper fish and chips not far from home. It's been a long time since I've tasted fish in a chippy that was succulent and flaked apart with a light crispy batter, generous portions and for a great price. A very busy shop with some seating and surprisingly they do take reservations so phone ahead if you want a seat. Walked out extremely satisfied with our meal and will be returning again very soon.

2 Thank AmyH2012
London, United Kingdom
“Yummmmm”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I live just around the corner - complete killer. Best fish, best chicken nuggets, best burgers, best calamari, awesome coleslaw, all the sauces are perfect, BYO drinks.. what more could you wish? the staff is AMAZING! Absolutely outstanding and.. I will be back. With other people.. yumm

3 Thank Dodeena
London, United Kingdom
“Bog-standard chippy, nothing more”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Lured by the recent barrage of almost entirely 5 star reviews on TA (which was probably my inexperience) I tried this chippy out last week. It's just a bog-standard chippy, with pies etc sitting in the hot box! I had a cod and chips, which were really bland - the chips tasted like they'd been re-fried and the cod was very dry (the server said they get frozen fish once a week). There seem to be an increasing number of places like this in TA's top London restaurants list, which devalues the whole list.

Visited November 2013