“Bad value for money, expensive and terribly bad service - AVOID”
Review of Mia Lounge - CLOSED

Mia Lounge
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mia Lounge, where you’ll be transported from the leafy confines of Swiss Cottage to the beguiling charms of the Middle East.For your evening of entertainment, we offer a lavish menu of mouth watering dishes and our stylish bar serves an extensive selection of cocktails, wines and premium spirits.Continue your eastern inspired experience in our tranquil shisha garden, where you can enjoy our superior range of international flavours and mixes.We invite you to experience all the traditional delights and hospitality of the Middle East in contemporary surroundings, fusing history and the present day.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went for a mates birthday for sheesha and drinks.

When we arrived I thought decor looks good. However I wished everything else was good as the decor - it wasn't.

We order our sheesha and drinks. Sheesha was expensive and average, around £18 and I ordered a whisky for £5 which looked less than a shot. My friend ordered a Mojito which was mostly ice and nothing else. Looked they were trying to rip us off at this point.

The manager/ host was kind of tense as he wanted 20 people turning up who could spend £15 per head, very pushy salesman techniques for an expensive restaurant.

20 people arrived in the restaurant but we could not make £15 per head on average and they were still trying to push us. The manager/ host and waitress gave us angry looks and I even heard the manager tell the waitress to "Go away".

When coming back from the loo the waitress accidently walked into me, with no apology. Wanted to tell her to get training in customer service but saved face. We sang happy birthday to my friend, but got told to be quiet, even though in the restaraunt there was a wedding with a disco, totally fake. Just because not everyone had £15 to spend, why the harsh treatment. I understand that it was an Arab restaraunt and it is there culture. But this was in North London.

I did complain but could see they were just greedy and did not care. When we did pay the guy on the tills asked us to count the money, probably because they were so uneducated.

Unless you want to get the same experience PLEASE AVOID MIA LOUNGE.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had a party of ten and had dinner and shisha. The waiters are so rude and the food had taken a very long time to arrive we got charged a ridiculous amount for using there plates and forks for a birthday cake. when doing shisha downstairs there was no music we were packed like sitting on top of each other. the prices were ridiculous and the service of the male waiters was just plain awful!! spent well over £300 and would not recommend it

Reviewed April 8, 2013

To get straight to the point about why I rated this place 2 stars :

1. In London, asking for tap water in restaurants stopped being a taboo about 10 years ago. Not here. First we were told by the waiter, and somewhat rudely, that we had to go get our own tap water from the bar, which was upstairs as we were seated in the basement. Then to add insult to injury we were handed literally shot-size glasses (about 25 ml each) of tap water. The barman refused a bigger glass as "these were the rules" !! We made the point more strongly to our waiter downstairs who also talked about house rules, upon which I asked for the manager. After a few minutes of back and forth, and perhaps sensing that his gratuity was now on stake, he returned about 10 minutes later with two larger glasses of tap water for our party of four. Who wants this kind of nonsense when you are out with your family to relax !

2. We ordered 3 starters and 3 main courses and specifically asked for everything to be brought together. After a short 5 minute wait, 2 starters arrived. The rest of the food didn't show up for another 25 minutes and the third starter was just missing and only came once we had reminded them.

3. The food itself wasn't bad and the portions were decent. The service and house rules just sunk the show.

4. We settled the bill (paid cash and even left a tip !) but as we were exiting upstairs, my wife was stopped and an employee behind a counter enquired if we had settled our bill !! Quite unbelievable !

Bottomline, food isn't the only criteria in running a London restaurant. This is a competitive market and Mia has a long way to go before they can even begin to compete with similar restaurants. This place has a thriving sheesha lounge and perhaps that's their focus rather than the food. Not being a huge sheesha fan, I doubt I'll go back to Mia or recommend to anyone.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited Mia lounge to celebrate his bonus! The food was yummy and the waiter was very friendly. The restaurant interior is really nicely done but its a shame they dont have a dj on a saturday night, it wouldve been nice to eat, do shisha and then have a boogey! I had the mixed grill and vermercelli rice, I just love the Lebanese rice! It was delicious!
We then had the blueberry shisha which was very nice with a cuppucino!
Overall we had a lovely time @ Mia, but would recommend them to start playing a dj on a sat night!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

It was a friends birthday she had reserved downstairs for us. The waitors were extreamly rude and disrespectful and every so often they would snap they gave us the wrong food and then shouted at us because apparently we did order what he bought when we didn't. They didnt allow us to get drinks and shisha as even though some of us had our ids some of the people we were with forgot their id's. so every so often we went out to smoke and had to wait in the line in order to be allow in. They allowed others from outside to come into the space which we had reserved and had then the manager had the cheak to tell us to be quite because we were making noise. Food was disgusting , presentation was bad and small portions. Music was rubbish and the dj wasnt playing for us overall it was an unpleasant experience and i wouldn't advice anyone to go there.