“Charming little restaurant”

Tziganos
Ranked #4,103 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The name Tziganos translates to "wandering gypsy", which reflects the theme of our restaurant. Like the wandering Tzigano, our menu consists of a wide range of dishes from all corners of the Mediterranean including, tapas, homemade pizzas and a selection of fresh fish and meat from our handmade charcoal grill. We pride ourselves on the quality of our dishes and the highest quality of service around. You can book a table with us and be safe in the knowledge that your meal will meet and exceed your expectations. Come and try any of our chefs specialities or beautifully prepared traditional, Mediterranean favourites and you will not be disappointed. Kick back and unwind with one of our hand-crafted cocktails or carefully chosen wines and let us guide you through the sensational flavors of the Mediterranean.
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I went to Tziganos this afternoon for a late Sunday lunch and had 2 tapas: prawns with chillies and garlic, teryaki grilled chicken on a stick, and a glass of white wine. It was very good and the decor is smart and modern, with bare bricks. The atmosphere was pleasant; nice but unobtrustive background music. This was my first visit, but it won't be my last!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Have visited twice at lunch. Salvo made us very welcome and is enthusiastic about the restaurant and what they are trying to do there. Children made welcome. Excellent fillet steak cooked to perfection. Fresh food and good standard. Would recommend a visit.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Visited Tziganos last night and have to say what a great add this place is to Blackheath. Tapas starters we had were bursting with flavours and get your taste buds out of the starting blocks with a bang, Gambas Al Ajillo was a highlight. For main the steaks from the grill were superbly cooked and served with a fresh tomato salsa that I would never think to have with steak but complemented the meal perfectly. And the PIzza's were beautiful, fluffy dough, smooth pasata and gorgeous well portioned fresh toppings. Staff were lovely and recommended a cracking bottle of red for us as well. Well worth a look, shall definitely be back! Lunch menu looks a very good deal as well.

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I went to Tziganos last night with my dad and my partner and we all loved it.
There was a big family eating lots of delicious looking food which my our decision of what to have really hard.
We settled on tapas for start which we're superb. The prawns in garlic and chilli a personal favourite. The lovely waitress gave us lots of extra bread to mop up the delicious sauces.
We then had steaks each which were cooked to perfection and served with a very generous side dish- I had the rocket and Parmesan salad. However the Salsa was what made the steak so delicious. So perfect I had a second helping.
The food is so deliciously fresh and the staff are lovely. The atmosphere is very relaxed and there are big tables for families as well as lots of romantic two seaters, so perfect for all.
They also have fantastic offers on for lunch time meals and evening offers making it very affordable.
I will definitely be returning.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Since my girlfriend and I stumbled upon this restaurant a few months ago we have now been back a number of times as we like it so much. Dim lighting and candles create a lovely cosy atmosphere inside the restaurant and the staff simply could not be more welcoming and friendly. However, it is the food in Tziganos that significantly impresses and sets it apart from other restaurants in the area. The menu comprises an interesting fusion of Spanish tapas and classic Italian cuisine, all of which is delicious. Particular favourites are the Rosticceria which is ideal for two sharing a starter, and both the meat and fish cooked on the hand made grill are equally tasty. The wine list offers a good selection to compliment the food, and if you're in the mood for a cocktail they have those too!