“Extremely Disorganised”

City Nites Serviced Apartments, London
Ranked #459 of 908 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked the apartment for the easter weekend to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. I requested the best room with a great view and when I arrived I was told that I would be getting this and that the apartment was the best one out of them all.

I was given the keys to the apartment and made my way up to room 1105 to find that somebody was already renting it! The apartment had someone elses shoes in there and the bed was unmade and messy. I rang the agent who came quickly and rang the main office.

She then told me I would not be having this apartment as they had no idea who was in there as there must of been a mix-up and that I would have an apartment on the fourth floor with no view at all.

When I got to the apartment on the fourth floor, it literally was surrounded by other apartments so when you opened the blinds, other people could watch you in your apartment!

To top it all off, there were stray hairs in the bathroom food stains on the fridge door, sofa and some of the cutlery and a wobbly chair.

Needless to say, I didn't enjoy my stay and will never be staying with City Nites again. I stayed with Fraser Apartments earlier in the month and found their service and apartments to be amazing and will be returning to them next time I am in need of an apartment.

Room Tip: Not an apartment for celebrating.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shikila

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

The apartment was clean and the building have a good 24 concierge service. I had the 1 br it has a balcony while the living room was very small. The bathroom was clean and in a good size. The location is perfect close to canary wharf station and many supermarkets and coffee shops next to you.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A ten minute walk from Canary Wharf this serviced flat was ideal for a business stay. Located on the ninth floor of a new apartment block the apartment has a bedroom, sitting room/kitchen and bathroom plus all the kit you will need to make a stay home from home. No noise heard from the surrounding area or neighbours and person seeing you in was friendly and efficient.

Recommend this as a good business stay apartment and will definitely use again when visiting London.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in May, and completely fell on our feet with City Nites. Whilst the actual apartment was hard to find, and there could have been more guidance on this from the owners, the actual apartment was top notch.

The one bedroom apartment had a modern décor, was clean and spacious and had a lovely view over the city. The kitchen was fantastic, as was the patio where we enjoyed breakfast one morning.

The location is also close to the dock and Greenwich, and there are some lovely walks to be had across the area. For the price, I don't think there are many places in London that would offer such a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luke W
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed here for a birthday celebration in Jan with a Groupon deal (2nights for £129).
The booking process was long - they dont take email bookings- they ask you to buy on Groupon, then phone for availability then email for written confirmation of request date. They took payment, and waited until I was able to finally talk to someone ... 2days later, only for them to tell me, although I was told it was available, it's actually isn't. No email, no phone call or nothing, which was a problem as the booking was made for that week.
I had to speak to the Manageress, Dee who was able to find my booking, which was available,and allocate me accordingly.

Finding the place by car is terrible, the sat nav did not pick up the new development address, the people on the other end of the phone couldn't direct me, as the head office is in Birmingham and the London office asked me to call back, even though I was outside,

Once I arrived, the guy acted quite dodgy as he "had to take a picture of my ID on his camera phone" ?!!?

Anyway, once I got to my 13th floor apartment, it was beautiful!
Floor to ceiling windows, balcony, white goods on the kitchen, entertainment system etc. Absolutely lovely, the photos don't do the place justice,

I didn't want to leave. The flat had its own wireless router, storage, reception.. everything you could ask for... WELL - apart from a change of sheets. They charge £11 if you want to change sheets more than once every three days if you are staying for a week, but you can ask if they can leave the sheets so you can do it yourself,...
But I did call and ask... five times.. but no avail.

Location is great 4min walk from South Quay DLR Station, a Tesco right outside and a SPAR not too far away.

A perfect holiday location in the city,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank B2CS
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here for two nights through Groupon in December and was completely blown away by the standard of these apartments. The entire process was seamless from booking through to check in and then check out. It was a breat of fresh air in comparison to stuffy and overprices hotels that we have stayed in in the capital before.

The apartments are much bigger than I had previously imagines and come with everything you could need. I walked in and said to my boyfriend 'I wish we lives here!'.

The location is second to none, really easy to get around the city and the staff are also really friendly and helpful.

I would (and have!) thoroughly recommend the apartments to everyone I know that is staying in London in the near future.

Thanks City Nites for a lovely weekend :)

Room Tip: We had a room on a corner which had floor to ceiling windows and was very bright and airy
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kat882
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was our second weekend stay with City Nites London and have regularly stayed at the Birmingham apartments as well. Having stayed in other London hotels with a similar and often more expensive rate than City Nites I can categorically say that this is by far the best and the only place we will be staying when we visit again!

The location in Aldgate is great with tube stops within easy walking distance from the apartments. It's just a short walk to Tower Bridge and other nearby sights and handy for Spitalfields market. The apartments themselves are spacious, beautifully furnished and super clean! Each time we have stayed the check in staff have been really friendly and efficient.

We can't wait to come back there soon. Keep up the good work City Nites!

• Stayed: November 2012