“West Ham 2 Everton 3”

51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“West Ham 2 Everton 3”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Easy to reach on the Tube and just a short walk from the station. Good facilities, with friendly stewards. Hard to get a drink at half time but thats the same at most grounds.

After the game long but well stewarded queue for the tube. Took about half an hour to get back to central London.

Looking forward to this fixture next season.

Visited September 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic Place”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Been a WHU season ticket holder for years now, and the atmosphere here is incredible. And you may think I'm biased, but the atmosphere is seriously good when compared to other clubs, especially those such as Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal. Even away fans say it is the best. The fans are so passionate and that is so important. The stadium is getting old, but that is why we are moving to the Olympic stadium.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Flyer19348
London, United Kingdom
120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 240 helpful votes
“Not for away supporters”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Once called the "Academy of Football" the ground does not provide a good experience for visiting supporters. Tucked into one corner which a great view of the space created when the moved the pitch to the right but not the actual pitch itself. Away fans have a better view of the far end of the ground than they do of the end closest to them, which is rare. You're low down so it's restricted.

Facilities were one open food/drink bar with not many serving - the queues formed at half time meant unless you left your seat five minutes before the whistle you'd still be waiting when the secon half started. Poor service, I gave up waiting, I went to watch the game not queue.

THe worst parts are the atmosphere. Whilst great for home supporters we wet spat on from above and had objects dropped on us by home supporters. Stewards watched and shouted but there was no motion to stop it happening.

There's also a group of Hammers supporters just across the corner flag, not singers, who spent most of the game watching the away fans, not the match.

Transport looks easy to the ground, but the one tube station fills up very quickly and can take an age to get into, Parking on the north of the tube bridge has now been made Permit and Residents only which only occurred during this season so it's a problem.

If I was a neutral I would never go to this ground. The hassle of transport and intimidation/spitting make it not worth it.

Visited April 2013
14 Thank Stephen_Lloyd
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“1st football match!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This was my 1st football match experience and it was fab! We had an executive box and it was great to watch the match from the comfort of ur own box. The one pound fish guy was there in the interval so it made it extra cool!
Would go again!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Maz110
réaumur, France
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“what a great atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Being passionnated by football, I absolutely wanted to discover once in my life a typical premiership game, and I decided to see West Ham - West Bromwitch on 30th March 2013.
My 1st surprise was to see how everybody goes in a good spririt to the staduim, crossing the players car park without any security matter, unthinkable in my tender France where there would have so much problems....
Then 2nd surprise, I entered to the staduim without any full control of myself & my belongings, once again something that we do not know in my country....maybe because I got a good face!...
The 3rd surprise was the beautiful stadium, the behaviours of the crowd inside, the very nice pitch, the people are very closed to the ground, and once the players arrived and the people started singing the anthem ....OUAH!!!!!!!!!!Really really impressive

At least the Hammers won ,and everybody went out from the staduim in joy....

A great souvenir and to Hammers fans: CHANGE NOTHING!UNITED!UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited March 2013