“Three Cities at dawn. Great !”

Cities at Dawn Photography Workshops
Ranked #53 of 206 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Photography workshops in London, Paris and Venice focused on capturing these beautiful cities at Dawn. Led by photographer Anthony Epes, these workshops are inspired by Anthony's book series of Cities at Dawn. Starting with 'blue hour photography' you'll get the low down on professional techniques and how to confidently and creatively shoot on manual. These unique and exciting workshops are designed to teach you how to photograph the city in the pre-dawn and early morning hours, a time when opportunities for great photographs are plentiful. Photographer and leader of the workshops Anthony Epes says "Photographing cities at dawn is a photographers paradise. The light is incredible and the city is virtually empty. There are plentiful opportunities to create stunning images and I am always amazed at how few people take advantage of this time. In my workshops I teach how to photograph the dawn light - from the 'blue hour' when the sky turns from black, to deep blue and then starts to break open with sunlight. We will photograph the iconic views of each city as well as discovering hidden spots and interesting characters. I love teaching workshops and sharing my passion, skills and creativity. Photography has taught me so much about how to appreciate this amazing world that we live in - and I love to share it with people who have as much passion for photography as I do." Designed for beginner and intermediate photographers, a basic understanding of how your camera operates is recommended. -Professional Photo Training -Suitable for beginner to advanced amateur -Small Groups - Rediscover London, Paris and Venice at this amazing time -Two day weekend workshops -Discover hidden views in dawn light Taught by professional photographer Anthony Epes FEATURED IN: BBC World News Telegraph Time Out London Independent on Sunday Digital Photographer Magazine The Big Issue Evening Standard
Reviewed November 30, 2015

After Paris and Venice, London was my third workshop with Anthony. Extremely helpful to learn with him how to master your camera and the light. Anthony is not only an excellent professional who give good advice and tips, but also a great guy. To follow him around cities at dawn and shooting a lot of pictures is an unforgetable experience. Worth the trip !

1  Thank cat082015
in 2 reviews
"photographs"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed November 25, 2015

Did this back in July. Tremendously good to make you think about your photography. It's an early start - dawn is quite early in July! - but it’s amazing how much is still going on at 4 in the morning. It’s a small group and Anthony tailors his input to your needs. I’m still processing what I learned (pictures and head!).

2  Thank jubilad0
Reviewed November 20, 2015

This was a gift from my partner and when she told me I had to meet a stranger on a bridge at 5am I was a little unsure but there was no reason to be. Anthony is really friendly and extremely knowledgable, straight away he was giving me tips and advice on setting up my tripod and camera for the impending sunrise over London. Up until the weekend with Anthony, I had been using my mirrorless camera in intelligent auto mode but he switched it straight to manual and explained ISO, aperture and exposure in a way that was easy to understand and how it would affect the picture. This alone has helped me be more creative in my photography and was well worth the early start.

I can't recommend Anthony and his dawn city walks enough. I came away with some amazing pictures, a greater confidence in using my camera in its more creative functions and a better understanding on "seeing" what's around me.

2  Thank Jonny D
Reviewed November 19, 2015

Brilliant experience. Anthony has located great spots from which to take pics of London in its early morning splendour. His enthusiasm is infectious and he is able to work with people of different abilities - he provides directions but leaves space for people to express themselves. I came away with a few nice pics and a very nice feeling. Highly recommended.
Sebastien

2  Thank nstravels-59
See more reviews
Reviewed November 16, 2015

A great course with an excellent teacher and mentor in a stunning location.

Anthony was able to teach me more about photography, and more importantly, how to correctly use and understand my camera in 5 days than I have been able to learn in years of dabbling with the art. The workshop is a wonderful mix of hands on photography; technical instruction on the camera its settings and capabilities; composition; use of light; post production and encouragement to develop and understand your own style and expectations with your photography.

With the emphasis always strongly on the photography, Anthony also ensured that the workshop was structured to guarantee that we were able to get a intimate sense of Istanbul as a city, visiting places and meeting people we would not otherwise have seen on a "normal" tour or holiday. The food tours, ferry trip, walking tours, breakfast and lunch stops and impromptu discussions/sessions on the best way (and technical skills needed) to capture both the moment and location resulted in an experience that I will remember for ever.

I highly recommend this workshop to anyone who wants to learn more about their camera and how to develop as a photographer with a skilled, enthusiastic professional with a knack for explaining difficult concepts and technical information with ease, empathy and humour.

2  Thank Shaun T