Review Highlights
Venice at Dawn Photography Workshop - March 2019

I enjoyed every bit of the workshop, even the waking up early to catch dawn light was worth. There... read more

Reviewed yesterday
sophietX1899SK
Padua, Italy
Two days of early morning bliss

"We will meet in the middle of Westminster Bridge at 5.00am on Saturday" was indelibly stamped in... read more

Reviewed August 7, 2018
Paul K

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around London
from $66.12
from $87.71
from $33.73
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 25, 2015

Did this back in July. Tremendously good to make you think about your photography. It's an early start - dawn is quite early in July! - but it’s amazing how much is still going on at 4 in the morning. It’s a small group and Anthony tailors his input to your needs. I’m still processing what I learned (pictures and head!).

2  Thank jubilad0
Reviewed November 20, 2015

This was a gift from my partner and when she told me I had to meet a stranger on a bridge at 5am I was a little unsure but there was no reason to be. Anthony is really friendly and extremely knowledgable, straight away he was giving me tips and advice on setting up my tripod and camera for the impending sunrise over London. Up until the weekend with Anthony, I had been using my mirrorless camera in intelligent auto mode but he switched it straight to manual and explained ISO, aperture and exposure in a way that was easy to understand and how it would affect the picture. This alone has helped me be more creative in my photography and was well worth the early start.

I can't recommend Anthony and his dawn city walks enough. I came away with some amazing pictures, a greater confidence in using my camera in its more creative functions and a better understanding on "seeing" what's around me.

2  Thank Jonny D
Reviewed November 19, 2015

Brilliant experience. Anthony has located great spots from which to take pics of London in its early morning splendour. His enthusiasm is infectious and he is able to work with people of different abilities - he provides directions but leaves space for people to express themselves. I came away with a few nice pics and a very nice feeling. Highly recommended.
Sebastien

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank nstravels-59
Reviewed November 16, 2015

A great course with an excellent teacher and mentor in a stunning location.

Anthony was able to teach me more about photography, and more importantly, how to correctly use and understand my camera in 5 days than I have been able to learn in years of dabbling with the art. The workshop is a wonderful mix of hands on photography; technical instruction on the camera its settings and capabilities; composition; use of light; post production and encouragement to develop and understand your own style and expectations with your photography.

With the emphasis always strongly on the photography, Anthony also ensured that the workshop was structured to guarantee that we were able to get a intimate sense of Istanbul as a city, visiting places and meeting people we would not otherwise have seen on a "normal" tour or holiday. The food tours, ferry trip, walking tours, breakfast and lunch stops and impromptu discussions/sessions on the best way (and technical skills needed) to capture both the moment and location resulted in an experience that I will remember for ever.

I highly recommend this workshop to anyone who wants to learn more about their camera and how to develop as a photographer with a skilled, enthusiastic professional with a knack for explaining difficult concepts and technical information with ease, empathy and humour.

Date of experience: November 2015
2  Thank Shaun T
Reviewed November 16, 2015

This was not meant to be a dawn workshop however due to the very hot weather in Paris that weekend it ended up with us meeting at dawn. This proved to be a wonderful experience seeing and photographing the city as it woke up!
Anthony is an excellent teacher and was very patient with us, giving one to one tuition during the workshop. It was very much a hands on experience where we walked in different areas and were encouraged to look at things differently. My main objective was move from automatic to manual photography and by the end of day 1 I was getting there. I now always shoot on manual which is a great success for me.
I would certainly recommend this workshop at whatever level you are as a photographer.

2  Thank O9619SHbarbaraw