“Brightens up my morning on my way to work!”

Lantana Cafe - Shoreditch
Ranked #3,703 of 24,239 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Description: Lantana Shoreditch is in East London, close to Old St roundabout, and is a larger architectural space with an urban feel and seating for up to 60, but still with our trademarks of casual and comfortable. It is the sister café to Lantana Fitzrovia, which opened in 2008. Open from early to late serving its legendary Australian fusion inspired coffee, breakfast, brunch, and lunch. And now open in the evenings with a curated and evolving selection of wines and craft beers alongside delicious bites, snacks and small plates.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This place is off the tourist trail, but it deserves to be a destination in its own right. I come here almost every day for a coffee on my way into work, and occasionally I come here for a sit-down breakfast or for lunch with friends.
The coffee is ACE. Smooth and delicious and never burnt. The staff are super friendly too.
The restaurant area is agreable, and the food yummy (particularly their Thai fishcakes).

Reviewed October 4, 2012

There's something for every mood here... but quite simply it's my favourite place for breakfast in London. The mere thought of the cinnamon french toast is making me drool. Just just have to try it!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I pass Salvation Jane on my way to work everyday and was curious to see if it warranted the queue at 8.00am! Stopped in with a friend for a Saturday brunch at 12.00 (no queues) and was pleased with what I found. I'm wheat intolarent so struggle with breakfast menu's in some places. Salvation Jane had non wheat options as well as providing gluten free bread.
I ordered the corn fritters with bacon and my friend had the Boston beans. The food was amazing and we were stoked with our choices. We both had the cocktail of the day a Bloody Tim - gin, ginger, chilli, corriander and tomato. Lighter and more refreshing than a Bloody Mary!
Definitely coming back to Salvation Jane again!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've been a big fan of Salvation Jane's sister cafe, Lantana, for a long time now - but I'm afraid that my alleigance has now most definitely switched!

Same great coffee, and fantastic brunch - but the service is so much better than Lantana's, which seems to have declined a little. I'd recommend this airy, funky little slice of Oz to anyone looking for a well made, well presented and relaxed brunch.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Great atmosphere, comfy seats, good friendly aussie style hospitality and well presented, good value food. The breakfast menu included a creative mix of food to suit all tastes. All the dishes we ordered arrived in good time and fit the descriptions on the menu.