“Delicious Temakis”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Launched in April 2012, Yoobi, London’s first temakeria, takes inspiration from Brazil and pushes the sushi experience in an exciting direction. Freshly made temaki rolls, featuring uniquely developed flavour combinations, are served to eat in or enjoy on the go. A range of creative recipes use the highest quality natural ingredients; from their own rice blend to the finest sustainably-sourced fish and fresh wasabi to locally sourced vegetables. The name is derived from the word ‘yubi’, Japanese for fingers, which reflects the ‘hands on’ nature of Yoobi’s food.
Reviewed April 9, 2014

After our initial visit to Yoobi, we returned several times. I love sashimi, but I've never been a big fan of sushi rolls, because the rice is often dry and tasteless. Yoobi temakis are on a different level. The rice is moist and so tasty. Apparently they use a special rice sourced from Italy. It works a treat. I have tried several different flavours, including some of the specials. I particularly recommend crab california, spicy salmon, tiger prawns, and unagi eel. Both gentlemen who prepare the temakis are very friendly and everything they prepare is delicious. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The temakis are some of the most delicious sushi I've had in a long time. Tuna and avocado ones were the best for me. All the food was very fresh, and the service was excellent! I can't wait for another trip to London so that we can eat here again.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The Temakis at Yoobi are supposed to have a Brazilian influence. I am not sure how Brazilian they really are, but they are certainly very tasty. My favourites are spicy tuna and citrus salmon. The fish is very fresh and so are the other ingredients. The restaurant also provides wasabi, pickled ginger and soya sauce, and members of staff are very friendly,

1  Thank Lappini
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Temaki (the hand rolled cones) are the specialty here.
We tasted a variety and they were all good.
Spicy tuna was really yummy and my daughter loved the salmon one. What makes them really good is that the nori is really crispy.
Two are enough to fill an empty stomach.

1  Thank dada58
Reviewed February 23, 2014

One of our London friends' favourite places to eat. A fabulous choice of freshly-made Japanese sushi hand-rolls (temaki) - fish and veggie options available and some innovative fillings. The spicy tuna, citrus salmon, avocado asparaus and sun-kissed tomato rolls were particularly good! Prices are reasonable 3.20 to 4.00 GBP for one roll (2 rolls was enough for me - although my friend had 3).

If you prefer not to have the hand rolls, you can choose maki rolls instead for an extra 1.50 GBP. The place has bright,crisp decor, friendly staff and the sushi is rolled fresh to order in the middle of the resto. Take-away also available

It's quick, fresh and cheap. Definitely somewhere to go back to - just sorry I didn't take photos of the fabulous food but I was too eager to eat it!

1  Thank la_viajera_constanta