“Really good sushi”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Launched in April 2012, Yoobi, London’s first temakeria, takes inspiration from Brazil and pushes the sushi experience in an exciting direction. Freshly made temaki rolls, featuring uniquely developed flavour combinations, are served to eat in or enjoy on the go. A range of creative recipes use the highest quality natural ingredients; from their own rice blend to the finest sustainably-sourced fish and fresh wasabi to locally sourced vegetables. The name is derived from the word ‘yubi’, Japanese for fingers, which reflects the ‘hands on’ nature of Yoobi’s food.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had a delicious lunch at Yoobi on a Saturday afternoon. The restraint is quite popular but we had no probems walking in off the street and getting a table. The service was quick and polite. We had Edamame - which was cold and unsalted, we prefer it warm with salt, but this wasn't an option, Citrus Salmon Maki, Salmon Sashimi and Scotish Salmon Maki, 2 Miso soups, which while very tasty was a little cold. We also had Green tea and Mint tea. Everything was very fresh fish and the portions were a good size. Note that the tables are really small so you really have to clear stuff from your table - I guess it encourages you to eat quickly?

Oh, one other thing, I have just noticed that they screwed up our bill, charging us for things we didn't have. Honest mistake I guess, but make sure you check your bill before paying! We were charged £45 which is about £12 too much for what we actually had.

We will definitely come back for more!

1  Thank Edwin G

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I came here on the back of the good reviews on here but didn't really understand that it was a fast food restaurant.

The food is fine, we had the nigiri and wraps and the miso soup (the latter was great). Reasonably priced, its just a shame they leave the door open all night, making it very chilly if you go for a quick dinner.

1  Thank L_Smash
Reviewed November 8, 2013

While wandering aimlessly (and hungry) around the area I stumbled upon Yoobi. What a great find! I stuck my head in the door and was pleasantly surprised with the clean modern interior. After a quick chat with about the food I took a seat.

They offer a range of hand rolled fresh fish items at very reasonable prices. I was very impressed with the quality of the sushi and the presentation of the dish. I would highly recommend this place (if you can find it!)

2  Thank VIVAHUME
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This place deserves my highest recommendation. I am a Southern California Sushi snob and trying to find Sushi in London that measures up without requiring a second mortgage on your house is tough.

This place is the ticket: Super fresh fish, innovative hand roll selection, large portions w/ sufficient fish, polite staff, nice music. Highly recommend.

2  Thank akselrod17
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The restaurant away off Regent street in a quiet but trendy area of London. The restaurants lay out is nice and simple. The Temaki is something different but after a couple of visits the novelty fades away. The sushi is fine and the ice cream is unusual but nice

However, the on the drink menu, it mentions fresh or brazilian drinks. They are bottled drinks and can be bought from Amazon.

Overall, I go there whenever I am around the area and in need of sushi/temaki. If I was allowed to, I would score it as a GOOD average rather than a negative average.

1  Thank Nadir O