“Limited choices and unfresh!”
Review of Yo! Sushi

Yo! Sushi
Ranked #14,405 of 23,562 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Had a quick lunch at Yo! Sushi while waiting to get on a train to Dover. It was Monday so we gave it a try due to the Monday promo.

We are from New Zealand where we are spoilt with good authentic fresh sushi. Unfortunately, Yo! Sushi is no where near the standards set by its Kiwi counterparts.

The sushi on the belt is generally not very fresh especially the salmon and is also pretty limited on choices to the extend that they need to have fried rice and soba on the belt!

In fact, choices were so limited that we had to order a ramen from the menu and was again disappointed by the quality of the ramen we got. Tasted very salty and the noodles used were not even authentic japanese ramen noodles!

Utterly disappointing!

2  Thank win4ever

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I love this place especially when I am on my own at St Pancras. Give me a small bottle of warm sake and a pick of all of those yummy plates. I love the fact that you can sit and immediately eat. Always friendly service. Yummy food. Great atmosphere. I am at home here!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The sushi conveyor belt looks fun so we decided to try it out. Price is by the colour of the dish on the belt. Choice of seating by the belt or tables away from the belt - opted for the belt. Directed by staff to an uncleaned table; a few wipes and the table is ready. Sticky table top. Two servers for a large area. Belt has the same few items going round-and-round - mostly of the more expensive plates. Dishes on the belt are time-stamped; I think they must throw them out after the expiry time. Ended up ordering mostly from the menu, which has sticky residues on it.

Several more staff working in the open kitchen area. One guy in a suit also working the kitchen. All kitchen staff has surgical gloves on, which is good. Prepared ingredients are stored in plastic containers and then taken out of the fridge for preparation. Doesn't look too sanitary because the containers (who knows where the outside bottom of the containers been to) are placed directly on the food preparation boards/tables.

Even the tea costs extra. Ordered sushi, cooked food, udon and dessert. £36 for two. I think way too expensive for the poor to average quality. Will definitely not come back to this restaurant again. Pretty much the worst sushi we had anywhere - the place just look very clean.

Should have tried the burger place across from Oh No sushi instead.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My daughter keeps on at me to try Sushi, I've ignored her for a couple of years, but this time I succumbed.
And I agree , its delicious, Yo Sushi is a great Sushi restaurant for a Sushi Starter! Its not all raw fish..... I suppose I sound very ignorant., but I'll admit I didn't listen.
The restaurant clean, service brilliant, and the food freshly made.
I'm converted. Yes it is expensive, and you can be tricked into thinking you haven't eaten much, the dishes do mount up, but it was worth it though.

1  Thank Shevix
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The sushi was fresh, the tempura excellent. My only complaint was very slow service but the food quality made up for it.

1  Thank Andy R