“Fantastic!”
Review of Great British Tours London - CLOSED

Great British Tours London
Reviewed February 26, 2013

First of all : thank you very much Alex! We've enjoyed every single minute of the tour altough it was freezing outside. Will definetely go back to a couple of those shops. The discounts in the shops was a big kick to get souvenirs from each shops. Pleased, big time.
Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Great British Tours London

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was something different, and i did enjoy it but i felt we could have had a lot more facts given to us. We did visit some lovely chocolate shops. Be prepared, they are expensive 0 but mostly very good.
The tour usually costs £30 each but we got it 2 for 1 on the south west trains days out website. I wouldn't pay £30 to do it.
I would say you are better off doing your own research, looking up where the chocolate shops are and spending the £15 or £30 you would have spent on the tour, buying what chocolates you want to try and going round yourself. That way, you will probably get more chocolates anyway! :) As a few stops - you didnt even get a sample and when you did, you mostly didnt get to chose which one you had.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our tour guide Ferry was lovely but the tour itself was not very inspiring with little information given. If the group size was smaller it may have been better but with 20 people all going into small chocolate shops there is alot of waiting around. Few samples - about 5 chocolates in total. Tour took 2 hrs 15 but there is a 20 minute restroom break. My recommendation would be to buy a tour book (or use Google) and do it yourself and buy the chocolates as you go round yourself. Would be just as much fun!

2  Thank travellerbug44
thecelebrityplanet, Manager at Great British Tours London, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our Chocloate Tour, though we're very pleased that your guide made a good impression. Still, we note your comments about the content of the tour and we do keep under review its description and content. Thank you for taking the time to feed back in detail.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I left a review on the main website but of course I need to make it official and add it to Trip Advisor! This is a great little tour where you will visit a number of chocolate stores and sample some damn fine choccies! Our guide Becky (I think that is her name) really made it due to her enthusiasm, friendly-ness and knowledge. Although we were walking in the rain, it was great discovering areas of the city. This is a great group activity to do that is light and easy. For those who are expecting a full on program, this is not it but what you will come out with is a pleasant experience and favourite chocolate shops to add to your list.

Keep up the great work and Chris…thanks for organizing this little surprise!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had scheduled this tour a couple weeks in advance of our trip to London. We only had a few days in the city, and had several things planned for each day, so we didn't have much wriggle room in our schedule.

The day before the tour (when we were on our way to the UK), I received a voice mail - our tour had been cancelled, since not enough people had signed up to make it worthwhile for them to run it. Hmmm. OK. I guess I can understand that....sort of. It seems like for what they charge for a family, it would still be worth their while, but OK.

I called when I had phone service back....and here's where the run-around started.

They really wanted to schedule us for another chocolate tour...at their convenience. They insisted, actually. There was an earlier tour that day (we already had another tour scheduled for early in the day). There was a tour the following day (again, we had other things scheduled). I had to refuse multiple times, and had to explain myself each time - our schedule was tight and I didn't have another 4 hour block free during hte time we were in London! How many times did I have to repeat it? The receptionist was a bit snotty, and less than understanding, which didn't help.
After going round and round, I asked if they could just refund our money. After all, THEY cancelled on US.
This proved difficult. The young lady had to call her supervisor. They don't normally give refunds.

She called me back awhile later. She asked again if we could make one of the other chocolate tours. Did I stutter??? NO!

Well, maybe we could take the chocolate tour next time we were in London, then? Well, let's see....I live in Virginia, and plan to visit again....someday.....but no. No plans to come back in the near future. And frankly, given the way you treat your customers, you may not be here to give me my tour....so....NO!

Then she started offering me one of their other tours instead. Perhaps my 10 year old daughter would enjoy a little moonlight stroll through the dank, foggy, frightening streets on London on their "Jack the Ripper" night tour? Because, really...what says family bonding better than a tour of the haunts of vicious, mentally depraved, serial murderer? Sure! Great idea!

NOT!

I kept insisting they refund our money. Finally, she said they would issue a refund. But only if I emailed them after I was back in the States and reminded them. Because she would probably forget. Seriously???

In fairness, I emailed the day I got back and they grudgingly refunded us. But it took them over a week and yet another email enquiring whether we'd be back in London again soon to take a "make up" tour to get it.

Sheesh!

1  Thank Kathleen O

We are very sorry that you have had poor service from The Chocolate Tour. This by no means represents the standard of service we set ourselves and we are disappointed to have let you down. Please get in touch direct with ferry@voidtravel.net so that we can investigate your issues in detail. Thank you!