“Great location!”
Review of Arlington House

Arlington House
Ranked #37 of 896 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

It's got a great location! Overall value for money! They could do with adding a Gym as its a basic requirement for all now! Tho there's no reception the service of the porters is excellent! Would choose to stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Maggie

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and feedback with us on your recent visit here at Arlington House Apartments. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the accommodations lived up to you expectations.

I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

There are newer reviews for Arlington House

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Perfect location, two minutes walk from Green Park station and Green Park itself, located on a quite street right off Piccadilly. Very nice and well equipped apartments, helpful staff, lovely courtyard with a fountain (though it was raining all the time). Well equipped full size kitchen allows you to cook almost anything you like. If you want to extort (including breakfasts) there is plenty of places right around the corner.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your recent stay with us here at Arlington House Apartments.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the accommodations and surroundings met with your expectations. We are very fortunate with our location here in St. James as everything is within walking distance and as you mentioned a great choice of restaurants for breakfast if you don't want to cook it yourself.

I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Arlington House on your next visit to London when I hope you will have a little more sunshine.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

It's a perfect location on Green Park and the space in the apartment was ideal for two adults and two children. Great to spread out and let kids just hang when needed. Bathrooms good and clean. No extra services, in fact we found a gentle reluctance to do that little bit extra. But we would stay again. Overall very good and price ok for size of apartment and location.

• Stayed: July 2013
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us here at Arlington House Apartments.

Overall I am delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that the apartment met with your expectations. I am of course disappointed to read your comment about the service but at the same time very happy to receive this constructive criticism.

This is an issue I will certainly be addressing with the team and hopefully we can work on this to try and improve the service levels throughout the property.

Thank you again and I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Arlington House Apartments on your next visit to London.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We are a family of 4 and we stayed in Apartment 6 for a week. Just about everything about the apartment exceeded our expectations. It was larger than we expected, and the fittings and appliances were of high quality. Only one glitch - the washing machine was broken, but was replaced within a day.

Overall, if you need more space than a hotel and don't need daily service, then this is a great location as a base for a family holiday. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Apartment 6 was great, on the garden/park side on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Colin W
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see that overall the apartment met with your expectations and that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Many apologies about the washing machine and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. Fortunately we were able to swap with another vacant apartment.

Thank you again and I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Arlington House on your next visit to London.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

we are 6 in our family and we stayed 5 days at the Arlington House. we had a great time in London and we enjoyed the apartment a lot. the location is excellent. the inside garden looking at st james park is very nice too. and it has a lot of sun from all the rooms and living room.
the building has 24 hour security that it is very nice too.

on the things to improve....
we arrived from Argentina at 7am and the apartment was not ready until 2pm. this was really painful.
They also don't have cleaning service during the week end. and what it was worst is that we had a family in the floor below us that complained all the stay about our children making noise. we are on vacation and people should assume children make noise while on vacation. this was a nightmare every night.
i would highly recommend the apartment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you very much for your very complimentary review on your recent stay with us here at Arlington House. I was delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that you found the apartment met with your expectations.

I am sorry to hear that the agent did not make you aware that House Keeping services are only available from Monday to Friday. Please accept my apologies for this.

I appreciate how tiring it is to have to wait and if we had some other apartment available I would have gladly let you wait there but its peak season and we had a very limited availability on the morning of your arrival.

Perhaps your neighbours below were light sleepers and were very perceptive to noise.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review and I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Arlington House on your next visit to London.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We we arrive to porter that stated had no reservation and they could not do anything except try to reach manager who would not return call. After 2 hours of sitting in lobby manager show up today sorry and he now had room. I must say the place was beautiful and location great but for $400 a night and to sit in lobby for 2 hours I would never return. Stay In The Ritz and you will get good service also

• Stayed: July 2013
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Regarding your review on your stay with us are Arlington House I am extremely sorry about what happened that evening but I also am upset as a lot of detail has been omitted from your review.

On the evening in question I was attending a presentation and was unable to take any calls. When the meeting finished I realised I had some missed calls and a few messages from my Head Porter explaining what had happened. I came immediately back to the property to resolve the issue. I did explain to you that it was an internal communication problem that we did have your booking but unfortunately the information had not been passed to the reception.

I was very apologetic about this and also offered you one night complimentary as a gesture of compensation . I also send you a letter apologising again with a copy of the refund prior to your departure.

Our operation here being Serviced Apartment is slightly different from a hotel where by all the information pertaining to our arrivals are prepared in the reservations office and then given to the reception to handle . Unfortunately, I regret on this occasion this did not happen and hence when you arrived the reception did not have a record of your reservation. We have since reviewed this procedure to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with the family for a month. The location of this place is fantastic. You can walk everywhere. Harrods, Oxford Street, Bond Street, Regents Street. Connectivity by Tube is great, 3min walk to the tube station. Taxis are easily available from right outside thanks to the Ritz. Italian restauant on the ground floor. Rooms are large compared to London sizes.

The porters are quite helpful but some of them are rude and unhelpful.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Layman1
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay with us here at Arlington House Apartments.

Overall I am delighted to see that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay and that the location was convenient for your needs.

I would most certainly like to apologize if some of our associates were rude and unhelpful this is totally unacceptable . I will be sharing your review with the team and will take corrective action to make sure any other guest does not experience this level of service.