A stay at Cottage 76 is NOT for the faint of heart.
My husband and I needed a last minute place to stay while visiting London for a concert - as we were on a budget, we had jokingly toyed with the idea of kipping in the train station until morning. Immediately upon stepping foot onto the property, I found myself wishing that we'd braved the train station instead.
We weren't expecting much, given that we paid £45, but you would at least expect the establishment to be clean even if it lacked some of the luxuries of a more expensive accomodation. It's easier at this point to name the offenses in list form:
- massive piles of dirty landry spilling out of bags and obscuring the front door
- dirty glasses with mysterious orange residue in our room
- suspect white substance on one of the decorative bed pillows
- excrement in the shared toilet
- urine on the top of the toilet lid
- various pubic hairs scattered throughout the bathroom, accumulating in the showers
- used ear buds on the sink
- no towels in either of the bathrooms
I feel as though the owners of this establishment ought to take a good look at their cleaning routine (or lack thereof).
If you're strapped for cash but need a place near Stratford station, stay at the Ibis just down the road.More
- Free Wifi