Cottage 76
$279
$231
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
$160
$131
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$96
$75
$157
$125
$459
$444
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Okay firstly, you need to know that this is not a hotel or a hostel. It is like you are staying in a room in some guys house. The rooms were half clean, although the kitchen and shared bathroom were terrible, they were never cleaned our entire stay (a week). Most annoying thing was that oyr food kept being stolen from the communal kitchen. We had our name on it, all over it and still people stole it. The sad thing is that one time we were in there a staff member came in and began looking through everyones stuff, so I thinkwe know who was stealing the food. It has no hostel atmosphere, just terrible. Much nicers places around stratford.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We arrived here with fairly high hopes of a decent hotel, but I probably should have read some of the other reviews before I booked it! Despite being advertised on a third party site as a hotel it was actually just a room in a shared house. A man welcomed us in and gave us our keys and luckily we had already paid in advance so we didnt see anyone again and just disappeared off without a word! Bit rude, I know but you'll see why. The room was fairly clean but the shared bathrooms were both pretty grotty. We decided not to use the shower and waited until we got home instead! The radiator in our room didn't work so we were given a small fan heater which broke half way through the night. We decided to have a little nosey around the shared kitchen which was clearly for guests as the fridge was empty and the only thing in the cupboard was rat traps and poison! There were 2 biscuits in our room on the tea and coffee tray, but one was already open. Safe to say I wasn't going to eat it. The worst part of the stay though was definitely hearing the residents upstairs rocking their super squeaky bed at about 1am (yes, I DO mean what you think I mean!) the most horrific thing I have ever experienced from a 'hotel'. But at the end of the day it was less than a 10 minute walk from Stratford Station etc and was only £35 so served a purpose. Definitely will not be returning though as there is an Ibis down the road!! If only I'd known!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank EmilyandAlex93
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here for a night in November the room costs £49 for two people upon returning home I find out they have charge me £200 gone against my permission to take money from my bank when I phoned to question the manager they swore at me and put the phone down STAY AWAY OR PAY CASH !!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Dannyibiza
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Strange place this. Knowing the area and given the price I did not expect much, and this was actually better than I expected. The room (importantly the bed) was clean as was the hallway and stairs. Room was decent size with plenty of wardrobe space, chair, workstation etc, although the drawer units were pretty grim and everything is cheap cheap cheap!!!. Iron and ironing board, hairdrier and tea facilities were nice touch (but no coffee for some reason).The shared bathroom was ok - functional and fairly clean but no towels. House is easy walk to Westfield, Olympic Park, Stratford Staion etc, was very quiet and I needed a stopover at short notice following a long day working in London so no complaints there.
But...basically this a shared house, there are people living there. The kitchen has 2 fridge freezers full of food, the cupboards have food in and the bathroom has peoples `stuff` in as well.
Not that this was any problem but be aware - it is not a hotel or B/B - you literally are renting a room, and I didn`t feel 100% safe and secure (this not the best part of London and I did not see any fire alarm). Make sure you have the mobile phone number with you when you arrive as you have to call the and someone will come along (I waited on the door step about 15 minutes) and let you in.
Overall, served a purpose, was cheap and clean but not somewhere I would rush back to by choice.

Room Tip: Take your own towel. Have their phone number when you arrive.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MattFS
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is a very basic form of accommodation but also everything you need to enjoy a comfortable stay in a good location in East London. The surrounding area has recently been upgraded for the Olympics meaning that there is plenty to enjoy in the local area. It is well located and close to the tube and overground rail station also.

The rooms are basic but the service is very laid back and friendly, not over the top which we appreciated. Would definitely recommend this for young couples or younger travellers.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple