“We liked it”

Ranked #875 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Penzance, United Kingdom
“We liked it”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for one night when we came to London for a show.
It was clean and warm, the staff were friendly and helpful.
The location was good. Some nice restaurants nearby too.
Also it was great to be able to leave our luggage there all day whilst we shopped before catching our train.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rebecca G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stay a total of 10 days.2 days in August before a European Tour & 8 days in September & October. Rooms we had during our stay were a good size 304-505. Staff were Excellent when we arrived at 7am our room was ready which was great after a flight from Sydney.Plenty of places nearby to get food also Tube & Buses handy

Room Tip: 26sqm rooms are larger also have sofa
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights last week as I was visiting some friends and also the people I was with had booked into a hotel near by. It is a very handy location from the psi. Circle line in London. Also am east bus route to Kensington, Oxford Street and Piccadilly. The staff were warm and friendly. Most note ably the Manager of the hotel Christiano.
Unfortunately on my first night I was unexpected unwell and the staff in the hotel could not have been nicer d more helpful about it. The room was clean and comfortable. I would recommend this for a place to stay and I would definitely go back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is in a great location - very close to Hyde Park. Also an easy walk to Oxford Street if you do not fancy getting the tube. I would only recommend for one or two nights at most though. The bathroom was incredibly small and the view from the room was not great. Be warned that there are a lot of staircases and would be quite exhausting to travel up with suitcases! Some of the staff were not friendly. A simple 'good morning' seems to be too much trouble! Although, there was a receptionist who was excellent. Very enthusiastic and welcoming. Overall, the location is fantastic and the price was good so I'm not complaining! I would stay again but only for a night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chelsea_Davies
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This Hotel is old, run down and dirty. Our room looked like it has been recently decorated and the cleanliness was better than the communal areas, but not up to the standard you would expect. On the plus side the staff were helpful and allowed us to leave our luggage at the hotel while we went sightseeing.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon S
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel has a fantastic location, close to Paddington station and one minute from the tube and Hyde Park Italian Gardens. The staff were extremely friendly, and pleasant - with the young porter carrying my case up to my room. Also, we left our suitcases in the hotel for a whole day whilst touring London for no extra charge. The rooms had hairdryers, flat screen TVs, decent furniture and were bright and pleasant, and were very clean. The breakfast had a good selection of continental options. I would stay here again, it is very good value for the location - and was surprised at how nice it was after reading previous reviews!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rachaelskilling
Elgin, TX, USA
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Perfect for travelers on a budget. It is located a few minutes walk from Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park and several tube stations. An easy walk over to the V & A. Surrounded by good, affordable ethnic food (Indian, Greek, Indonesian, etc.). The rooms have been modernized with attached bathrooms/showers (I had been prepared for a bath on the floor!). There is no lift and lots of stairs to get to the upper floors, but we were traveling "light" so it didn't matter. Slightly disappointed that the rooms did not have Wi-Fi but it was available in the lobby. the breakfast was a serve-yourself buffet--I missed the fried eggs and bacon with toast in a toast rack (from days of old) but it was ample with some nice cheeses.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple