The Paddington Hotel
$206
$155
Novotel
  • Pool
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$309
$278
  • Bar/Lounge
$222
$202
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$166
Hotels.com
$782
$629
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 23, 2012

When I check in to this hotel, I just figured out that there is no lift, I need to carry my heavy luggage to top 7th floor by myself, no one help me. The room is smelly and floor is noisy when you walked around. Also I was woke up by noise from another room when they use water. Niose is very big sleeping quality is very bad. There is no wifi in the room, only available in the lobby across to the street. There is no reception under the hotel, you need to check in in another hotel across the street which is very inconvenient. This is the worst hotel ever, which really hurt my feeling to London. Dont stay in this hotel!

Room Tip: The good thing here is that this place is close to metro. Choose lower floor if you can since there is no lift!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Xiaoxu W
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Nice hotel, stayed for a weekend great location close to the tube station Would stay again but proberly ask for a room that's not right at the top and to be picky breakfast is basic would be great for a full English breakfast.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte L
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is probably a repeat of others but we just stayed there 3 nites 8/26/12 check in across street anytime you leave you have to bring key across street to lobby. Room was on third floor no lift and narrow steep stairs. Room faced street and windows had no sound proofing was the noisiest room I have ever stayed in. They were able to move us to a nonstreet facing room but we had to bring all our luggage back down the 3 flights of stairs across street then the room they gave us was just across hall back on the third floor! The rooms had no A/C and were very hot! Breakfast was not very good too. The toaster was left on the whole time making the dining room so hot you were sweating. There was nothing very appealing to eat and every time you went back to get something the 2 women working the kitchen would give you the evil stare. Ask for assistance at front desk for a phone number of rental car at heathrow and they could not find it. Bottom line would not stay here again and was the most expensive hotel of our 20 day trip. A big rip off!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BadBrad101
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I booked this hotel last minute, not having read the reviews. We paid £69 for a Friday night, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk from Paddington station, and about another 5 from Hyde Park.
There is no lift, although that didn't bother us. You check-in over the road in the lobby of another hotel, the staff their are very friendly. The hotel is old, it could do with a lick of paint! But the room was clean and tidy, we had doors that opened out onto a balcony (that we weren't allowed to walk out onto) which faced the fairly busy street, but I didn't find road noise any issue.

Breakfast was included, the dining room is in the basement, its a help yourself buffet style. They had cereals, yoghurts, toast (you toast the bread yourself if you want your bread toasted), croissants, tea, coffee and juice. For the price and location, I was quite impressed it included breakfast, I saw that some people complained but I thought it was nice!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GCave
Reviewed September 8, 2012

No lifts ... I was to go down the stairs and over to the other side of the street to use WiFi (we´re
in year 2012). The bed was very uncomfortable, and the blanket looked like it has been used for the last 10 years. The window did not provide any noisereduction to the extremely noisy street, and every time you opened or closed it you were afraid it would break to pieces. There was a refrigerator on the room, but it was so noisy that you would need to unplug it if you wanted to sleep. The bathroom in our room was pretty ok.

The staff in the reception was nice, polite and helpful. And the location is good just next to Hyde Park and 5 min. walk to Lancaster Gate underground.

Not a place we will visit again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple