“Sanctuary in the heart of South Kensington”
Review of My Chelsea

My Chelsea
Ranked #536 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This tucked away gem of a boutique hotel is a find you want to keep a secret. Located in the leafy suburb of South Kensington this small intimate hotel is far away from the hustle and bustle of central London and give you space to breathe and relax in quiet surroundings. I used the Lavender room for a training event and was bowled over by this delightful space with it's own outdoor terrace quipped with it's own water fountain. Great for special occasions and events. The service I received from Events Assistant Kim Irving was outstanding. She thought of things I needed and before I even asked and had them all in place. I wish more places went that extra mile in making sure that everything you need is in place. Generally the other staff were friendly and helpful. I wil definitely give this hotel business again.

Room Tip: I didn't stay the night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
astabeisyte, Guest Services Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear jackeeholder,

Thank you very much for such wonderful feedback. I am really happy to hear you enjoy our hotel and service you receive. I have passed your lovely comments to our team and they were really happy to hear it. I look forward to seeing you again at myhotel Chelsea in the nearest future. Should you require any assistance with your future bookings please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Arrived last night about 8.30pm and waited about 10 minutes for someone to arrive at checkout. Eventually I had to call for someone to come out of the back room. Woke up late after a comfortable sleep, so in a real hurry. Not many people in the breakfast room, so I sat at may table and waited for one of the three staff to ask me what I would like to drink. No one came. I waited 10 minutes. Still no-one came. I had to ask for one of the staff to get me a coffee in the end. Not a hotel I'd recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Checkettsr
ViktoriaVaradi, Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Checettsr,

Thank you for your review and for forwarding your opinion about your stay. I wish you would have mentioned this before leaving this morning so we could have had the chance to prove our services and good will.
We apologise for the 2:08 minutes you had to wait at arrival and that you did not feel we offered the service you expected at breakfast. We investigated your comments and will take necessary steps as required to improve in the areas we feel appropriate. We will continue to maintain our good service levels and previous good comments.
Should you wish to further discuss this matter please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
myregards,

Viktoria Varadi
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have been staying here for almost 4 months so far, always in business trips, each and every stay has been really good, due to the great location and mainly thanks to their always nice and supportive staff

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
ViktoriaVaradi, Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear jackeeholder,
Thank you for your review of your recent event in Lavender at myhotel Chelsea. I am pleased you were satisfied with the services and the hotel, it was our pleasure to have you with us and looking forward to welcoming you back again.
myregards,
Viktoria Varadi

Reviewed October 26, 2013

First time here. Great boutique hotel handy for the individual and interesting shops and restaurants that surround this area and Kings Road of course. Also good for west end. We had a Junior Suite, lovely decor, well appointed and found all of the staff very friendly and helpful. Parking close by at Chelsea Cloisters with a discount if you are staying at the hotel. Disappointed there was extra charge for a cooked breakfast, it was not much but when you are paying £250 per night..........Also, really funny actually - my wife wanted a boiled egg. Told it would be 20 -30 minutes as thats how long it took! Well they were right as it arrived after a while, hard boiled!! However, we will go back and work on trying to get an egg cooked in 3 minutes! Recommended but not for boiled eggs.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PhillipN741
astabeisyte, Guest Services manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Phillip N ,

Many thanks for your lovely review and taking time to share it with us. I am really please you found the hotel handy and staff rriendly and helpful. With regards to room cost rate fluctuates during sifferent periods, so sometimes you might find a really good deal. Please check our website for special deals. I am dissapointed to find out you had to wait such a long time - I can assure you that this was a one-off and will not happen in the future. It's good to know that we can expect to see you in the future - I truly look forward to your next stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back in Chelsea.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Nice hotel located in een quiet street between Fulham Road and Kings Road. Take the street between the Ralph Lauren and Stella McCartney shop (should give you a feel for the up-market location). 5-7 minutes walk to South Kensington Underground station and several good bus connections.

Very good breakfast; complete continental selection with fresh ingredients. Nice lounge with current magazines and tea & fruit.
Very much enjoyed our stay, but with one big downside: the small room. Could just fit in the bed an enough room to get into it. We could manage it, but if you need personal space this is not your place. Bathroom was also small, but functional and clean.

We booked with a discount offer through Olotels. Was about half the price that the hotel advertises on their own website. For us a good deal and price/value wise recommended. Would not recommend it a the non-discounted pices.

Room Tip: Some rooms are very small. Good quality and nothing wrong with them except the size.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnNieuwegein
astabeisyte, Guest Services Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear JohnNieuwegein ,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and liked our breakfast as well as our lounge with all facilities. I am sorry to hear you were dissapointed with your room size - this varies throughout the hotel.For more spatious room I suggest you book our Superior room, wich are much larger then the Standard rooms. I hope to welcome you back in the near future and if there is anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable please contact me directly.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The room is attractive and has good space and storage, the bathroom is good sized and very clean as was the room and hotel in general. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful and responsive.
The neighborhood has enjoyable restaurants at reasonable prices for London. Piccadilly Underground convenient as are Victoria and Albert Museum and Natural History and Science Museums. We felt comfortable late in evening on the streets.
Only problem was persistently weak WiFi signal in our end of hotel. But staff was responsive, worked to get it fixed but not successful, and offered us another room. As I said, staff is great at responding and at helping with train reservations, airline confirmation, et. al.
We'd gladly return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Fred_the_Artist,

Thanks a lot for taking time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am pleased you found the hotel clean and staff extremely helpful and responsive. My sicere apologies for weak WiFi signal - this issue has been addressed to the supplier of this service and I am glad to inform you that since then we didn't have any more problems with it. I look forward to welcome you back to myhotel Chelsea in the near future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stay here when we want to give ourselves a treat in London and we are never disappointed because the hotel is such a great combination of modern luxury and comfort. Recently I have started running seminars and courses here with the help of the events team and I am absolutely delighted with the level of service and professionalism. The staff are unfailingly friendly and helpful and the conference rooms tastefully decorated, warm, comfortable. The bar and restaurant provide a constant supply of delicious snacks and drinks and like the rest of the hotel, the atmosphere is relaxed but smart. The location is ideal with the best shopping and dining in London just steps away - I can't recommend it enough!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Flora M,

Thank you so much for such a kind feedback of your stay on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you choose myhotel Chelsea to treat yourselves when in London. I have shared your lovely comments with the team and they were very happy to know they are doing great job. Looking forward to welcoming you back at myhotel Chelsea in the near future.