“Not a 4 stars Hotel”
Review of My Chelsea

My Chelsea
Ranked #521 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The location is nice, the hotel has a nice Conservatory and the staff is pleasant. That's all.
The material used for the rooms have a very low quality, the general impression is a shabby room, where you cannot find anything you would expect from a real 4 stars hotel.
The shower installed is something you find in a 2 star hotel. When you full open the water there is a strange noise and the shower vibrate as well.
Definetelly a fake 4 stars

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Gianca

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The location of the hotel and the overall appearance was faultless, the staff were very friendly and were very helpful. One criticism of the hotel for me would be that the rooms were very small and also our room didn't include a bath but on the whole the hotel was very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick J
astabeisyte, Guest Services Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Ptric J,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am really glad to hear you liked the hotel and services. Just to let you know that we do have larger rooms and you can also request a room with bath tub when making reservation. I hope to see you again at myhotel Chelsea should you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

What a user friendly place this is, great staff good rooms and very smart public areas. In a little back road but so near many great places. Weather permitting you can walk to the V & A Natural History Museum Harrods etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank peter r
astabeisyte, Guest Services Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear peter r,

Thank you so much for your lovely review on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to read you liked our hotel and the staff, as well as our public areas. I hope to see you again in the near future and should you require any assistance for your next stay's arrangements please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
myregards, Asta Beisyte, Guest Services Manager

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've used this hotel for short stays (Chelsea Flower Show visits) in May many times.
It's lovely, fresh, personal - ideal for lone guests as you feel known by the staff. I like all the public spaces & breakfast room. It's close to loads of cafes & restaurants (eg Tom's Kitchen & Conran shop cafe both minutes away, among many others).
I have stayed in the ground floor "red" room once - it wasn't my favourite but it's nothing like as bad as some of the comments. We stayed in No.41 in this stay and it was lovely.
Walking distance to the Chelsea show grounds, the V&A & tons of other great London attractions...

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is very quiet & sunny
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank magsDublin
astabeisyte, Guest Services Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear magsDublin,
Thank you very much for your lovely five star review.
I'm glad to hear that you had a nice stay and you in particular liked public spaces & our breakfast room.
Should you need any assistance for your next stay’s arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
myregards,Asta Beisyte, Guest Services Manager

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I purchased a deal which included dinner only to find out that the hotel does not have a restaurant this kind of sums up this place, lovely staff poor management rooms somewhat tired.

Dont complain as duty manager very unhelpful.

Shall be reporting them to tading standards miss leading web site and offers.

Room Tip: Dont they are tired and dangerous
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alan s
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I spent 2 nights in this hotel and was very happy with my stay. The hotel, although old, has a modern contemporary feel. The room was refurbished and clean. The furnishings were very luxurious and well kept. I didn't eat at the hotel but it looked very nice. I paid a little extra than I normally would to stay in this hotel and I wasn't disappointed. It's a 7 minute walk from South Kensington Station and about 10 minutes from Harrods. Perfect!!

My only criticism was my room had an adjoining room and I could hear a hair drier being used early in the morning. Also the bed was very hard but it was very large and roomy.

Room Tip: Ask for a themed room to get an extra bit of luxury.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear CristinaAVP,
Thank you for your lovely five star review regarding your recent stay with us at myhotel Chelsea. I am pleased to hear you were very happy with the hotel.
I have updated your profile with preferences for a quiet room for your next visit and should you need any assistance for your next stay’s arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
myregards, Asta Beisyte, Guest Services Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Let me first state the good. The location is good - not many hotels in this area and when Chelsea is your main destination, this is a good spot. Also, we asked for two separate beds and that was what we got, which seems pretty straightforward but many hotels mess that up, so that was nice. The gentleman at the desk when we checked it was enthusiastic and nice.

But that's about all I can think of.
The decor is just... tacky. We based the choice for this hotel on their nice, clean, bright website but unfortunately that gives a totally wrong impression. That shade of pink should make everybody cringe, especially men. We had a room on the street, which even with the window closed was very noisy. However, we couldn't close the window, because it was so excrusiatingly hot in the room. It was mid-December and freezing outside, yet we needed to open the window because the heat was unbearable. Which resulted in making the noise unbearable as well. The materials used (for example for shelving) are cheap and the plastic discoloured ivy everywhere doesn't help the appearance at all. Also, what is up with those textureless hotel pillows? That's not just myHotel, that's about every hotel I stayed in - pillows with just air that give no support whatsoever. Unfortunately, at least in this room, that also applies to the bed itself. The bathroom was... o.k. if this had been a ** hotel. As a matter of fact, that applies to everything - the hotel presents itself as a **** hotel with prices to match, but everything says 'no more than two'.

I must be honest and add that the hotel was paid for by my work - we flew in for a Christmas party. So at first I thought - I'm staying here for free, let's not complain. But when we checked out and had to pay for ourselves even though I could show them the booking stating that the bill had already been paid by the office and I had the office confirm it to them by phone and I still had to pay... that when I thought: sod 'em, no more guilt for a bad review. Eventually, turned out I was right and they reimbursed the company. The company, not me - meaning then the company had to reimburse me again. The only thing they had to do was credit the amount back to my card. Or, better yet, check their own administration before insisting on a double payment.

What they mean by their slogan "Where Sex & the City meets Brideshead revisited" I have absolutely no idea. That's not meant as a criticism - I honestly don't understand, as I saw or felt nothing that I could link to either of those movies/series.

One of the few Chelsea hotels to choose from, but even though it means a slightly longer commute, I'll try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple