“Tranquil oasis and friendly welcome”
Review of My Chelsea

My Chelsea
Ranked #523 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel is a favourite of mine. I love the simplicity and serenity of this place as you step in off the streets of a bustling London. The rooms are spacious although I will say a bit tired and I would hope that they will pay attention to the details that take away from the experience. I love the friendly welcome I get on each occasion. It is such a refreshing experience. They do what they can to improve your stay. This is a perfect location for tourists and visitors alike who wish to capture the essence of London and still have some peace and serenity. Nothing compares in the area. The area of course is Chelsea with a buzzing community, loads of restaurants and access to tube etc. This is an easy recommendation

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms that are higher up only because I am a very light sleeper. The rooms are pretty u...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for My Chelsea

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is the place to stay if you want style, comfort and classy with all the modern things you'd like in a room like flat screen TVs and well stocked mini bars with chilli piper crisps n Champs but with an air of coziness.
From the moment you walk into the reception you are welcomed by friendly staff. Refreshingly unpretentious they're nice happy people wanting to enjoy your stay.
I've stayed her before on a corporate rate and loved the place so much I had to return for a week.
Great location right in the busy heart of Chelsea and close to everything going on.
They have a lovely conservatory room which is a great place to spend an evening with friends or other guests or relax yourself during the day.
The room service menu used to be A1 and although they've retained the chef they haven't retained the big menu. (Please bring back those glorious burgers!)
Other than that it's the most wonderful place to stay in London.
They seem to offer a standard late check out until 1pm (for free) for their guests which is highly unusual..you must ask but I loved that touch of personal homely comfort they seem to want to extend to everyone.
It's a lovely place. It has all the elegance and charm to end up being one of your favorite places to stay in London.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night, we were in room 6 on the ground floor, a VERY small bedroom (with a double bed in it), quite dark in there and EXTREMELY hot! You cannot open the window in this room, I don't know about the other rooms? Thankfully though they have aircon in the rooms so we had that going all night. We seemed to be next to a lounge and could hear music through the walls but not enough to stop us from sleeping.

Bathroom very nice and clean, nice toiletries. Cakes on a cake stand in reception on arrival as well as water. Quite a good location and reasonable price. The only niggle would be the size of the bedroom, not being able to open a window for fresh air (was a bit stuffy in the room) and the heat of the room (not sure why it was so hot in there but we heard many other people saying their rooms were hot too)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Brilliant service. My wife was about to fly to New Zealand and was permitted to check out late. The hotel was perfectly situated and was a marvellous place to unwind after a night in Chelsea.Small but very charming.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PhilandClare55
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel is located very good. Same time in the center of everything and quite place. The guest service staff is very polite and customer oriented. After check-in they changed the room, cause it was pink (I don't like pink) and provide with other room calls Ruby. As we have a special occasion as a compliment from the hotel we've got a chocolate set. If in few words - the hotel is very charmy.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have nice Chelsea roofs view, 46-49. Ground floor rooms #1 Scarlet and #2 Ruby are...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Was overall an average experience. very good accommodation but felt a bit too pricy. Good service and the atmosphere is really nice. Not sure about booking again as it was an average experience as I am a budget traveler.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Hotel is well located in a quiet position, near to the museums (V&A, National History Museum), Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Palace and Hyde Park. It's about 5-10 min.max from South Kensington station and 2 stations away from Victoria Station. It's not a big hotel and therefore it's very charmy. All rooms (they're big enough if you use them just for sleeping) and the amenities are very clean. The breakfast room is not big as in many other hotels like this one. The breakfast is well presented and it's really good. The staff is very helpfull and charming at any time. I highly recommend this hotel if you like little hotels and you don't want to be a number. The connection between price and quality is very good.

Room Tip: Each room is different for its size. Number 15, 25, 35, 45 are a bit bigger.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
astabeisyte, Guest Services Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear giancarlo_leonardi,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Tripadvisorand and for you lovely five star rating. I'm glad to hear that you had a nice stay with us and found the hotel a good value in regards to price and quality. I have circulated your comments within the team. Should you need any assistance for your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
myregards, Asta Beisyte, Guest Services Manager