My Chelsea
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$279
$231
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
$160
$131
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$96
$75
$157
$125
$459
$444
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewskings roadsouth kensington tube stationroyal marsdensloane squaremini barsuperior roomlovely hotelgood sizeminute walkcomfortable bedexcellent locationcontinental breakfastnight's sleepgood nights sleepstayed here for one nightharrodsgbp
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2012

A well-run boutique hotel in a quiet part of Chelsea 5 minutes walk to King's Road and 15 minutes to Sloan Square. The staff was very helpful, the room very comfortable and there was enough space to feel uncramped including a large walk-in dressing area and a bathroom with enough space to put out toilet articles for 2 voyagers. The room wasn't huge but absolutely adequate. There was also a safe and small fridge in the room as well as facilities for making tea and coffee plus cookies. The bed was comfortable and we had a good night's sleep.
The hotel restaurant served coffee and tea all day long: the breakfast was adequate but expensive for what it was.
We liked the atmosphere and the calm of this hotel; the staff did everything we asked (taxi reservations, keeping our luggage, giving directions,...) with great friendliness: they could not have been better.
If I need a hotel in the Chelsea area, I wouldn't hesitate to return here. It's not a bargain but London is expensive and the prices here, even if slightly on the high side, seemed in line with the competition. If I didn't need to be in Chelsea, however, I would look elsewhere (but only because London is big and Chelsea is not usually the area in which I need to be).

Room Tip: Our room #39 was at the back of the hotel and very quiet with a view of residential properties. Apparently #49 is also quiet (and 1 floor higher). Although next to one of the two elevators, we never heard it during our night of undisturbed sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
ViktoriaVaradi, Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Robert B,
Thank you for your lovely 5 star review of your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read all your positive comments on the hotel and our services and that you likes the whole atmosphere with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back and all our future guests you have encouraged with your recommendation. Should you need any assistance for a future stay do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We went there with two friends and I must say the hotel is quite OK: nice location, quiet, very clean. But what we dislike is that the rooms were not spacious at all. Besides, the bath rooms were not very modern.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Thom2121,
Thank you for taking time to write a review following your recent stay with us. From your review I am not sure in which type of room you and your friends have stayed as they vary from single rooms to suites but should you wish to contact me with any further enquiries please do not hesitate. We do look forward to welcome you back in the future myregards, Viktoria Varadi, Guest Services Manage

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at this place by a friends recommendation and liked the location best. It was clean and quiet so great sleep quality. Design was not for me (too much pink and floral patterns) but this maybe a plus for someone else.
In general I recommend this place and the only reason I gave 4/5 is that I think their rates are a bit higher than what it should be.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ivan L

Dear Ivan L,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel. I do hope we will have the opportunity to accommodate you in the future maybe in one of our not pink or less pink rooms. Should you need any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed at myhotel chelsea for 2 nights with our (almost) 2 year old son, we had a superior double room - which you need in order to have the cot (provided free) for the toddler. The stay could not have been better or easier. Very friendly staff, the room was clean and comfortable (I ddint' take a picture but it was one of the pink ones with a large double bed and there are lots of other pics from other people). We had a babysitter who was able to sit in the conservatory area when we were out and our toddler was sleeping with a babyphone which worked perfectly. When I asked for a glass of milk every night for my son it was brought up and we werne't charged for this. Very well placed but not noisy (our window faced onto Ixworth Place on the 2nd floor) for walking to South Ken/Sloane Square. The MAIN BENEFIT for a parent though, bar the friendly, accomodating staff was that 3 minutes down the road is a brilliant playground!!!!! We were there about 2-3 times a day so our son could let some steam off. Definitely a "find" if you want to visit London with a small child in tow.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
ViktoriaVaradi, Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear LondonCinders,
Thank you for your great review of your recent stay with us at myhotel Chelsea.
I am glad you and your family, including your small son and baby sitter all enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel and are accommodating and suitable for families travelling with small children.
Should you need any assistance for your next stay’s arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

After our apartment rental for a family of five, including 3 teenagers, fell through at the last minute right before the holidays, we needed a new place quickly. Fortunately, we found myhotel Chelsea. I'm compelled to write this review--my first for trip advisor--because the hotel was absolutely terrific.I should tell you I am a very picky guest. I need a quiet room because I am a light sleeper. As I have a super-sensitive sniffer, I require a room without any musty or perfumy odors. Also, I can't tolerate stained carpeting, showers that don't regulate, and mattresses that have been around the block a few times too many, You get the picture? I'm very fussy.

So here's why I liked this hotel so much:
1. Superb location near Sloane Square, Harrods, V & A Musuem, Brompton Road, Kings Road etc. but on a quiet street
2. Clean, modern f,f&e (furnishings etc)
3. Thick walls
4. Great bedding including suitably thick comforters and firm but not too firm mattresses
5. Ample water pressure and large enough shower head to provide nice flow; it was hand-held but with a mounting for hands-free use; shower curtains included so need to worry about flooding the floor; no wandering temperature syndrome
6. Ample lighting for reading and dimmable for other activities
7. Helpful staff
8. Safe easy to use with your own credit card; no pin to input or remember

If there were any nits to pick they would be:
1. Bathroom doors had glass panels so light streams through; if there are insomniacs in your crew who repair to the john in the middle of the night for some reading time....not going to happen
2. Not intuitively obvious but turning on the TV requires pressing and holding down the power button for 5 seconds
3. We only got our Walker's shortbreads the first night....was this an oversight?

Overall an excellent value, especially considering how expensive London is.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank bpollock2

Dear bpollock2
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at myhotel Chelsea.
I'm so glad the enjoyed your stay with us so much that we inspired you to write your first trip advisor review!! You certainly sound like you know what you are looking for in a Hotel, so I'm really pleased that we could satisfy you and your families needs.
The walkers shortbread should have been refilled each day, we apologise and will ensure that next time we will have a large stock on hand!
It was certainly our pleasure having your family stay with us.