“Small portions... awful awful service”
Review of La Bodega Negra

La Bodega Negra
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bodega Negra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,335 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed June 7, 2013

They couldn't be more tight with the portions if they tried.
The order, when it arrived, was wrong. Service generally appalling, the waiter couldn't have been less interested.

There are newer reviews for La Bodega Negra

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We took our daughter to the west end theatre and before the show we decided to have something good and different to eat. I was so looking forward to some Latin American flavours but what a terrible disappointment. The service was Awful. Seems that the waiters didn't have much knowledge about the food she was serving. I order a ceviche that looked more like a mmmm ... ever seen the lovely sight of the "Dog Vomit Fungus" growing in a mulched area ? Well me either but sound pretty revolting. It was horrendous.I tried to explains to the waiters how a ceviche have to looks like and taste. I even offered to show the chef the way South American cooks this delicious and incredible testy dish. But they didn't care. Don't ever go to this place. Don't waste your time and money here.

1  Thank KarenKG_13
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I read many reviews on this restaurant, that I fancied taking my husband for his birthday, and so glad I listened to my gut instinct and tried it out for myself!!
From the minute you walk down Old Compton Street you can see the sex shop facade with neon lights and people taking pictures.
It's so funny as you really do feel dirty going inside!!
Once inside the dark and mysterious reception area you are immediately greeted by a friendly hostess who escorts you to your table downstairs.
The hostess couldn't be more helpful and friendly, explaining everything on the menu and recommending different dishes depending on taste and how hungry we were.
We were starving, ordered a lot of different starters and a coupe of main courses to share.
We were not disappointed. The pork belly was to-die-for, with the most fabulous scratching, and the ribs were incredible!!
Great mojito cocktails!!
Lovely service throughout.
Fab, unusual decor, great buzzy atmosphere.
The only downside was that the music was very loud, with a live DJ, and I really did have to shout a bit.
But apart from that, great experience, highly recommended!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have visited the cafe part of La Bodega Negra frequently over the last year and unfortunately the standard of food is reducing each time I visit.

The atmosphere remains great and the service is always good, it was never great value but was a pleasant place to eat when in Soho but the food is now making me not want to return.

The straw that broke this camel’s back. The fact that they no longer serve Modelo Especial- scandalous.

I don't think I will be returning anytime soon which saddens me as I used to enjoy this place a lot- now it is just an average Mexican when it used to be much more.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We are from New York & we loved this restaurant. The ambiance was great. Dim lighting, great music. Our service was good & our food was great. So flavorful. The soft shell crab tacos were a huge portion & delicious. The ceviche was great. Lamb tacos & pork were great too. The whole secret door of a sex shop facade was cool & the greeter laying on a display case in the dim light was interesting.