“Website very misleading!!!!”
Review of Arriva Hotel

Arriva Hotel
Ranked #878 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I went on the Arriva hotel website with a view to book one night for myself and my two daughters. The pictures of the rooms looked very neat and clean and as it was during the Olympic period in London, and they had availability, I went ahead and booked. When we arrived at 10 pm at night, exhausted from a long journey, we entered the room to find it vastly different from the pictures on their website. No lovely blue quilts, brown marks on the walls, three cracked tiles in the bathroom, a cheesy smell in the room, curtains falling off the tracks, windows wouldn't close properly, no soap in the shower, kept awake all night by the people above our room. The room was definitely not the one advertised on their website or anything near to it. A definite no no, I would not even put my dogs in this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Arriva Hotel

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I didn't do much research when I booked this hotel. I was visiting a friend in London so I just needed a place to crash after a night out. The room was so tiny and had no AC at all, and the worst part was you couldn't even open a window to get any air. They offered us a small fan. The people at the front desk were nice, but it's just a bad place to stay. You can hear people outside from your room, and the breakfast in the morning is simple. It may be cheap but just skip this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here whilst attending 100 Monkeys gig in London and it was a pleasant stay. The staff were very friendly and even moved us from a double room into a twin room (as we were friends travelling but no twins at time of booking) with no hesitation. I wouldn't say it was worth the amount we paid, but the fact it was convenient and friendly AND in London what can you do?
The beds were incredibly comfy and great for napping, albeit in a VERY cramped room. If you don't mind being cozy, its not too bad.
Location is great for being near Kings X and Underground, but there are places nearer. One thing I thought was brilliant was the fact that place had a lift, where usually these small establishments don't.
I would definitely stay here again, and perhaps sample the breakfast next time, rather than skip it =)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We only stayed here as we were going away and it was an early train to brussels. For that reason it was alright, still not good price for the quality £70 odd, luckly we stayed out in london until we only needed to sleep so we didnt have to be in the hotel until absolutley necessary.
rooms were clean so i guess it did the job.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TroublePunter
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at the Arriva with my daughter for one night. I can only describe it as an economy hotel, the rooms are very small, but it was clean and had everything we needed just for an overnight stay. I can't comment on the breakfast as we decided to skip this and have breakfast at Mc Donalds which is not far from the hotel. I will say that the reception staff were very pleasant and very accommodating. We needed an early check in, which was not a problem for them at all, also we were not charged any extra for this (which can be the case with some hotels). If I was in London again for one night then I would stay here as it is very reasonably priced,and ideally situated (short walk from Kings Cross) however if it was for any longer I would look for somewhere that was less basic.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LoughboroughUk
Reviewed June 5, 2012

When looking for the hotel in London one should understand that London hotels are of the higher price level than in continental Europe.
Arriva had good price, is located near the underground and bus lines, very friendly reception staff.
But the room was not properly cleaned, especially carpet and bath. Breakfast was of the very poor quality (low cost supermarket cheese and ham). Breakfast room was opened at 7:30, people waiting in front of the room was not the reason for the kitchen staff to open 5 minutes early, breakfast room was too small.
The street is noisy in the morning.
If the reason to choose this hotel is the price including a breakfast, look for another accommodation and go for breakfast to any coffee or fast food.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DigiTraveler
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Just returned from London having spent two nights at the Arriva, and we got what we paid for, especially for London prices. I was dreading going to this hotel reading reviews, however upon arrival the receptionist was polite, and we found our room to be simple but clean. It is on a busy road, so can understand the noise of the traffic may be a problem for some rooms at the front, but as our room was at the back and we had the window open we obviously heard the emergency vehicles but it was not a problem. It had all the basic necessities required, as we knew we weren't going to be there all day. Convenient for the Kings Cross + St Pancras railway stations and a good Pub around the corner, doing good pub meals;"Lucas Arms".
For all the negative comments, this wasn't that bad as some peoples expectations are different to ours, being realistic and expecting nothing less than a small room with clean sheets and towels, with basic washrooms facilities for the price paid, we were happy.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple