I stayed in the St James' Court on Bank Holiday. I was very impressed with the character of the buildings. We were met at the entrance of the hotel with a very courteous chap complete with umbrella - a typical Bank Holiday weekend for weather!
Check in took 5 minutes and found my room on the 6th floor with ease. Well signposted throughout the hotel with enough staff to ask if you did get lost. I only booked a single room as I was only there one night and on my own. The room far exceeded my expectations. The bed was double, the room very spacious, bathroom lovely and all very clean. They had a vast room service menu which would have been wonderful if you were on your own; I met my sister for dinner so did not experience the service.
All in all a wonderful experience and should I ever head back to London on business or pleasure, this is the hotel I would chose. I could find no fault - I have only seen one review which was not good; this chap must be really hard to please as I did not witness any of his so called faults. Book it! Its lovely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a country that values understatement, St. James' Court is an English classic typifying the concealed charm of one of Britain's finest hotels. The custom of St. James’ Court, A Taj Hotel is the distinctive choice for more than service with a smile. With a distinguished pedigree shaped over more than a century, this discreet Victorian masterpiece with its famous Shakespearean Courtyard is perfectly placed between Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament in a historic enclave marking the centre of power. Crisp and elegant, with an easy charm that’s reserved, yet attentive, we strive to make each visit more pleasurable and memorable. Exceeding the expectations of today’s discerning traveller, St. James' Court is a slice of the past served up on a contemporary platter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - St. James Hotel London
- London Crowne Plaza
- St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel London, England