St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel
$233
$214
$168
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

$321
$296
$219
$182
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$128
$121
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$187
$1,213
$1,072
  • Pool
3,964 results
All reviewsbuckingham palacetaj groupvictoria streetjames parkbig benbeautiful hotelexcellent locationan upgradeexecutive roomcentral locationlondon eyeafternoon tealondon hoteltube stationwest endquilonconcierge
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am really glad I stumbled across this hotel when looking for a well located room in London. The rate I found on an online site was so good, they must have made a typo! :) Service was great. Room was spacious, comfortable, and nicely appointed. The WiFi was throttled but free at that speed your entire visit, something I did not find in another London property on my trip. The staff was fantastic. Everyone I dealt with was very nice. I was able to arrive early the day I checked in and leave my bags. When I checked in later that night, the bags were waiting in my room. Similarly, when I left, I was able to easily store my luggage until I was ready to pick them up. The location is great. The hotel is not too far from the St. James Underground station or the Victoria train and Underground station. Bus access is readily available just down the street at Victoria Rd. You are only a short walk from Buckingham Palace and the Royal Mews to the north and Westminster Cathedral on the south. If I am ever in London in the future, I would absolutely consider this property again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DebrianTravels_com
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear FinanceBuzz,

Thank you for the review following your stay with us, we are glad that you have now found us and I hope to be your new go to hotel when visiting London. There is not too much more I can say regarding your review as you have covered most things, I hope that on a future stay we can entice you into the bar or restaurant.

Thank you for the review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed in this wonderful hotel on 28th may. We could not fault anything, the hotel is beautiful, the staff very professional and friendl. The location is very central, within 5 mins walking distance to Buckingham Palace. The food in Banks restaurant overlooking the hotel courtyard was to die for!..
A special thank you to Micky in reservations for the room upgrade to a beautiful suite..we were so thrilled!
We will definately be stating here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank janetgra

Dear janetgra,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay and liked the upgraded room. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful location in London that allows you to discover many of the great London sites and without needing to use public transport.

Thank you again for the review, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

St.James was recently bought by the India-based Taj Group and that prompted us to book our 4-day stay in London there for a dose of the famous English Hospitality mixed with an Indian flavour. We were not disappointed. Although it was a little difficult booking the room online since their online reservation system was a little quirky, but finally got it through. The hotel is located a stone's throw from the iconic Buckingham Palace, and the royal atmosphere extends to the hotel as well. While its compact and not nearly as large as some of the grand properties of the Taj Group, its service was impeccable and the treatment regal. Right from the time we checked in we felt at home. The daily breakfast was decidedly delicious and the restaurant service of top quality, although in-room dining can be a little on the expensive side. Staying in touch with business back home in India was a breeze thanks to the fast and complimentary wifi provided in the room. Will stay here again when in London without hesitation.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a view of Buckingham Gate Road, since the back rooms have almost no view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AjazMemon

Dear AjazMemon,

Thank you for your review following your 4 night stay with us at the St James' Court, A Taj Hotel. The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with the service being particularly high on the positives. We are delighted that we are now your hotel of choice when returning to London. We are continuing to improve our product and we hope that on future visits you will see the continuing improvements that we are making.

Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

A great location in a beautiful part of London within walking distance to Westminister,Big Ben,Buckingham Palace and convenient to Victoria Station
Our room was great ,clean and all our needs catered for and the bed was one of the best beds I slept in The room was quiet and I felt I was in a very safe environment which was important for me traveling with just myself and my daughter
Staff are professional and friendly
Had a lovely time and will be back again

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank phena2014

Dear phena2014,

Thank you for the review following your stay with your daughter recently. The team and I are delighted to read from your review that you had a great experience. From the comfort of the room to the great service provided by the team, we now hope to be your hotel of choice whenever you return to London.

Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

In spite of leaving the Crowne Plaza Franchise the St James is the best hotel in London for it's Westminster location near Buckingham Palace.Westminster Abbey,Victoria Station,SMMT ,BIS and Department of Transport as well as Churchill's War Rooms and the reopening,in July,War Rooms.
You are welcomed by a team of friendly and helpful concierges with friendly doormen and porters and very friendly reception staff
The Courtyard is a real bonus and the bar and restaurant staff serve great food and drink with a smile. Well appointed rooms with comfortable beds make the experience worth repeating and I will keep on returning to my second home. A M

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Alec M
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Alec M,

Thank you for the review and for your loyalty following the hotels change away from Crowne Plaza in January 2014. We are delighted that you find the hotel location and service to be excellent and at a personal level to you. Whilst the Courtyard is open for business for the summer, we need a prolonged period of good weather so more can enjoy this experience.

Thank you again for the review, we hope to welcome you back for many years to come.