“Fantastic hotel”

St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel
Ranked #171 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We loved this hotel!!! It was clean, rooms were a good size (for London), great location for Billy Elliot, which I also highly recommend! The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to take pictures for us etc. Didn't use the spa but the staff on the front desk and the atmosphere was as it should be. Breakfast was in a separate room as it was busy, the food was exactly the same, warm, delicious and we had great service. Definitely would stay again. Happy memories for my sister's 40th birthday celebrations.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear wkatyuk,

Thank you for the review following your stay with us to celebrate your sister's 40th birthday. I am delighted to read that you had a great time and found the service in particular to be first class. We are very conveniently located to both Billy Elliott and Wicked, but also not to far from the west end and this is walkable through St James' Park.

Thank you again for the review, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

St James' Court, A Taj Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,749)

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here on business for 5 nights in early May 2014. The hotel has great potential, but it is not quite there yet. I had joined the Taj rewards program prior to my trip and had requested a quiet, refurbished, King room facing the courtyard. Upon check in, I was the only one of my colleagues who had a room available to check in at 1:30p post flight from Atlanta -- which was great. It was, however, a non-renovated queen room facing a construction site. It was clean, roomy, somewhat plain in decor, and relatively quiet, except when the tube was operational.

Pros: Attentive, helpful staff. Great location near some top sites and the St. James tube stop. Hotel with character. Top notch fitness equipment. Beautiful courtyard. Excellent service at breakfast from both the host and servers and food options were good. Enjoyed a latte at Bar Gusto across the street. Liked the Phoenix, and Cask and Ale pubs a few blocks away. Nice wines by the glass in the lobby bar. Lunch served at our business meeting on site was fantastic.Comfy bed.

Cons: Underground ran literally under my room (559). Nearby construction went past 11pm one night. The only in-room coffee was instant - a major bummer for a caffeine addict the first morning following a red eye. Staff was incredibly well intentioned, but many had thick accents that were quite difficult to understand. Room thermostats were impossible to operate resulting in a couple of uncomfortably warm nights (work colleagues also had similar experiences). Our meeting room was impossible to find causing many attendees to be late. Very few good restaurants nearby. Poor pillow selection -- all seemed old and hard. Weak wi-fi in room. Difficult to climb in and out of the shower/tub. Could do without the loud, piano music in the lobby at night.

Room Tip: Refurbished room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Bobeana,

Thank you for your review for you 5 night stay with us. Whilst I am delighted that you enjoyed certain aspect of your stay, I was disappointed to read of the negatives points that you have highlighted. We will review this and address them accordingly, some of which are already being addressed. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back and do you can see the improvements that have been made.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I loved my room with double king-size bed and small toiletries, even had a spray for better sleep.
Perfect for business trips or town visits. Just next to Westminster palace. If you are sick of english breakfasts - there is a Starbucks just next to it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Maria_14_july,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and in particular your room allocation as well as the great location that the hotel enjoys. We hope that we will be you hotel of choice when next returning to London.

Thank you again for your review, we hope see you back again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for the weekend to take part in the London Moonwalk. All the staff were really friendly and made us feel welcome and comfortable. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite overlooking the magnificent courtyard. It was a lovely feeling knowing we had a beautiful hotel to return to after days out and particularly after the night walking 26 miles of the Moonwalk!
Definitely my 'go to' hotel in London now.

• Stayed: May 2014
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Nina G,

Thank you for your review and I can assume congratulations on completing the Moon Walk! 26 Miles overnight I am sure was not enjoyable, but for a great reason and charity. After all of that, I am pleased you were able to relax in the hotel surroundings. I am particularly pleased you enjoyed the service provided by the team.

Thank you again for the review, we are pleased to be your go to hotel whenever visiting London.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed a night as part of a special offer with tickets to see Billy Elliot. Check in was fuss-free, but it would have been nice if the staff member could have pronounced my traditionally English name correctly. We did not use bars and restaurants at the hotel, although they looked nice - plenty of choice locally.
We had a bit of trouble using the wifi, but wouldn't say it spoiled our stay.
Slept well due to quiet room and comfy bed.
Overall an enjoyable stay in comfortable surroundings with friendly, helpful staff.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alice S

Dear Alice S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent theatre break stay with us at the St James' Court, A Taj Hotel. The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the room comfortable and you slept well. I will review the Wifi in the room where you stayed and ensure that corrective action is undertaken to avoid an ongoing issue in this room and to rectify this for future guests.

Thnk you again for the review, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I chose this hotel for a break of 4 days in London. A great 5* hotel near Buckingham Palace. Very close to London Eye, Big Ben and the most attractions of the city. Great staff, good food quality and great atmosphere. Good night in the bar with live music.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Bruno F,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us recently. Thank you for choosing St James' Court for your 4 night stay with us, and we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed the service delivered by the team. I am pleased you spent time in Hamptons Bar and enjoyed the pianist.

We hope to welcome you back soon and thank you for the review.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I booked a classic double room for 1 night for a very special event, I was going to propose to my girlfriend during dinner at the Shard. The staff at the hotel was always really nice to me during the booking the offered to show me around the hotel so that I could even decide which type of room to book. Then I placed my reservation and I was upgraded as a courtesy of the hotel. The hotel itself looks really nice and smart from the time you are opened the door to enter into the big classic reception lounge. the room was really beautiful, quite, confortable and clean. we got the breakfast served to our room as part of the services the hotel offers. We had a classic english breakfast which was delicious. The hotel is conveniently located around Westminster Abbey / Big Ben really near Victory station and St James Park which takes you with nice short walk to Buckingham palace, Hyde Park and Piccadilly Circus.

We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: All rooms I saw were looking nice and spacious. I chose a room with a view to the courtyard to avoid...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear JavierLS,

Thank you for the review following your special night stay with us. We hope that your proposal was a positive one and so the stay at the hotel enhanced what was already a very special day for you both. We do weddings if you are interested!

Congratulations to you both and we hope to welcome you back again soon.