Stayed for one night, had been travelling all day and wanted a nap however there was construction works right outside my room so decided to get a massage instead. Spa staff were excellent and service was great however there was more noise whilst I was getting the massage, the masseuse went to ask the workers to stop and the noise did stop for the rest of the massage. She was very apologetic and very good at her job. On returning back to my room, the construction noise was still ongoing, I didn't really mind too much for the afternoon but called to ask what time it would start the following morning as I didn't want to be woken up with it. Was also told breakfast wasn't included when it should have been. Was offered another room and was told I could move in the evening, however it stunk of smoke, and the breakfast situation still hadn't been sorted after 3 calls and an email forwarding my confirmation. At this point around 11pm I just wanted to get to sleep. I was eventually moved to a very nice, quiet and non smoking room and the breakfast situation was resolved. Staff were very helpful, it was just a shame that I had to spend so much time messing about with all the issues when I was only there for one night! Really from a 5* hotel I wouldn't expect so many problems. Final room was very nice and breakfast was great. All hotel facilities, especially the Spa were fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a country that values understatement, St. James' Court is an English classic typifying the concealed charm of one of Britain's finest hotels. The custom of St. James’ Court, A Taj Hotel is the distinctive choice for more than service with a smile. With a distinguished pedigree shaped over more than a century, this discreet Victorian masterpiece with its famous Shakespearean Courtyard is perfectly placed between Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament in a historic enclave marking the centre of power. Crisp and elegant, with an easy charm that’s reserved, yet attentive, we strive to make each visit more pleasurable and memorable. Exceeding the expectations of today’s discerning traveller, St. James' Court is a slice of the past served up on a contemporary platter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Indian Hotels Company Limited, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - St. James Hotel London
- London Crowne Plaza
- St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel London, England