“Great location and rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel

St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel
Ranked #162 of 1,089 Hotels in London
barcelona
“Great location and rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This is a really good hotel with a great location in a distinguished British building. Walking distance to Victoria station- 10min.
Rooms are clean, spacious, modern and comfortable. Only disappointment: poor breakfast in a small room at the back of the lobby!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank annaf
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear annaf,

Thank you for the review for your stay with us, whilst I am pleased you enjoyed a majority of your stay, I was sorry to read of your disappointment with breakfast. I hope to establish when you stayed and some I can review the breakfast service for the morning you are referring to. I hope we can welcome you back to show that this was an isolated poor experience.

Thank you again for your review.

St James' Court, A Taj Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cowbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Another pleasant stay at the St James Court.
The hotel is very convenient for visiting London and within easy walking distance of many of the favourite landmarks. It is also close to 3 tube stations and a mainline station,
The hotel is modern and contemporary and suited for business or pleasure.
There is a good selection of restaurants within the hotel and if you want something special the Quilon is a few yards away.
The hotel is very has very comfortable and relaxing public areas.
The rooms are well furnished and the beds are very comfortable. My roomm was aslo very quiet although the hotel is in the centre of London.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms around the courtyard are very quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JonesRon
Dear JonesRon,

Thank you for the review for your stay with us. We are delighted that you had a great stay and you have allowed us some room to get 5 Stars on your return stay with us, which we hope us sometime soon.

Thank you again for the review.

Coatbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights on a short visit to go to a couple of shows and was very impressed. We were upgraded to a lovely big corner room which was well-appointed and very comfortable. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. Courtyard of the hotel is stunning and I would love to go again in warmer weather when I could make more use of it.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Bif16,

Thank you for your positive review. The team and I are delighted that you had a great stay and enjoyed the room assigned to you as well as the service provided by the team. We hope to welcome you back again in the summer when you are able to fully utilise the courtyard. We hope that summer operations start mid to end of May (weather dependent).

Thank you again for the review.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great location for an overnight in London. Nice bar area, friendly staff.
There will be a little noise from the underground trains but not really a problem unless you are a very light sleeper. Ask for a room up the building maybe!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LondonMartin_S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are pleased to read that you had a great stay and enjoyed the service provided by the team. I am sorry to read that you were slightly disturbed by the underground, sadly owing to our close proximity to the tube some of our rooms can be affected by this.

Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you back again soon.

Needham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

At first glance, the St.James is stunning. Unfortunately, the visual does not carry through to the service. When we checked in, I was pleasantly greeted and checked in. My colleague, however, was told they couldn't find his reservation (which had been made with mine). I showed the receptionist the confirmation from the booking agency and the confirmation numbers from the St James hotel itself. She told me I had to call the booking agency to sort it out. I told her this was unacceptable since I had confirmed everything even getting their confirmation numbers. She went into a back room and when she returned she indicated she would reinstate the reservation. Since I had the written proof, I don't know why she continued to refuse to accommodate us. Poor! They then tried to charge my colleague again for the prepaid room. Very aggravating. I did call the booking agency and they called the hotel directly to confirm my information as being correct. I've never gotten this type of attitude from a high end hotel. The next morning at checkout, they again tried to charge my colleague and that charge is still pending.
I got a good rate which may be due to a renovation in progress. I had booked a "Classic King Room" and got two twin bed moved together and overlooking construction. Bistro Restaurant a gem. All others were very pleasant and helpful. The men's spa was substandard for a luxury hotel. Good thing I was only there for one night. Not up to the reputation of Taj hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms. Rooms at rear of hotel look over construction site.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Ehad2
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Ehad2,

Thank you for the review for your stay. I am very disappointed to read of your arrival experience and I have already written to you directly in an attempt to resolve this issue. I agree that the arrival experience has come up short and your feedback has been shared with the team. We hope to have this resolved as quickly as possible and ensure that this will not re-occur again in the future.

Thank you for the feedback and I hope to welcome you back and so you can see the improvements that have been made.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We were fortunate indeed to discover this superb hotel - a 'grand old lady' that has recently been transformed and metamorphosed into a contemporary establishment ideally suited for business or pleasure purposes. Although situated close to some of the busiest areas of the West End the hotel enjoys a relatively peaceful location yet remains within easy walking distance of many of the main tourist places of interest including Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Horseguards, St James Park, Green Park. Transport links are excellent.
From the moment we passed through the main portal we were immediately impressed by the standard of the staff who were all courteous, immaculately presented and eager to assist at all times. Our room offered all the features, and more, expected in a modern hotel and in our experience there can be few better oases to which one would want to retire after a busy day of work or sightseeing.
When next returning to London this will be our first port of call.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JRHKMFH
Dear JRHKMFH,

Thank you for the terrific review for your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that we are now your hotel of choice when you return to London, which we hope will be sooner rather than later.

Thank you again for the feedback and review.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Came here for 2 nights, it was lovely!
Check in was ok, at first the receptionist said we was not booked in then eventually found us on the system.
We was not happy with our room as the veiw was building work and really noicey!
My boyfriend phoned down and asked if we could maybe change rooms they said they would ring back and let us know, we waited a hour for a phone call so my boyfriend phoned back down and they said they will phone us back so we waited a other half a hour then decided to unpack as we had a meal booked.
As we was going out a porter came to come to take our suitcases.. But we was not informed anything and this was 2 hours later!
Apart from that the room was lovely with a lovely bathroom!
The breakfast was nice with a choice of food.. You get served with tea/coffee and toast.
The staff was lovely but no english staff!!
The morning we was going home we ordered breakfast to the room.. It was amazing and everything we asked for.. There was no butter for the toast I rang down and they brought some up straight away!
We was'nt in the hotel much as we was site seeing & went to see shows in the evening but we would deffo return here but for a longer stay!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katie f
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear katie f,

Thank you for the review for your recent stay with us. I was a little disappointed to read that you were not entirely happy with the initial arrival experience and the issue regarding your room. I hope to establish when and where you stayed and so I can review the process that occured in regards to relocating your room. This is not an example of the process that we should be following. Despite this it has not detracted from your stay and you were both able to enjoy the remainder of your stay with us.

Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.